Grad Transfer Recruiting

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I’d take Macon and either of those TE
Went North for some physical tight ends and West for some smaller linebackers in space.

Looks like Macon is from Tennessee, could work in our favor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Penniston , high 3 star(.8894) out of HS, 6-5, 230. 247 says he is a 2019 junior and has immediate elegibilty

247 has that transfer portal thingy down !

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
That would work as well.....................heck, take him, Macon and either TE if there is room
He was an end in high school, shows him as an olb, maybe a jack for UCLA? Of course he's transferring out as a sophomore so that could mean something.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
What about Phillips to replace Bogle?

Normally , I would say Bogle was a luxury , doesn’t need replacing. But Phillips was the #1 overall recruit in the class of 2017! If he is available, I would say get him! Big and fast!

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I wonder what it means for Kendrick James for next year? Saban mentioned that they might get a TE who could contribute immediately. So James could miss up to 4 games next year? If Alabama were to grab some graduate transfers, It would probably be at TE, LB and CB.

I still think we would lose some players to transfer by August.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I wonder what it means for Kendrick James for next year? Saban mentioned that they might get a TE who could contribute immediately. So James could miss up to 4 games next year? If Alabama were to grab some graduate transfers, It would probably be at TE, LB and CB.

I still think we would lose some players to transfer by August.
With two TE's leaving and James missing the first 4 games it did make picking up another TE in this class a priority and I would imagine coach is going to go after some that were listed. James will return in game 5 and be a force IMO.

We do have a very talented TE already committed in the 2020 class.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Coach mentioned that he might consider a seasoned TE in the portal if the opportunity presented itself. The only problem with landing these transfer guys is that I would expect most of them are leaving for more playing time. They would have to come to Alabama to compete and not sure more playing time is written in the stars for any transfer to Tuscaloosa. I mean, we do have a lethal passing game and excellent QB play that sent our star TE to the League a year early. We are also going to be in the playoff every year so competing for championships is a definite plus. Bama has also been sending a tremendous amount of players to the League regardless of position because they are developed and well coached. There are a lot of pluses but are you willing to work for it? A bigtime player like Wheatley or the kid from FSU could really benefit at a program like ours but it really depends on their personality. I'm not sure lower rated guys would be optimistic about competing for playing time with the studs we already have here.

oskie

All-SEC
Jan 28, 2005
... The only problem with landing these transfer guys is that I would expect most of them are leaving for more playing time. They would have to come to Alabama to compete and not sure more playing time is written in the stars for any transfer to Tuscaloosa. ... I'm not sure lower rated guys would be optimistic about competing for playing time with the studs we already have here.
... nothing inherently wrong with that assumption, but I can recall a few that have risen to the occasion, e.g., Jake Coker, Richard Mullaney, Gehrig Dieter :)

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Any word on possible transfers?
I'd say it is highly unlikely. Saban said he was open to take any player that transfers in and able to "contribute immediately." So the guy that is not supremely talented or has to sit out a year is not going to get a look regardless of how much we need to bolster a particular position like TE.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I'd say it is highly unlikely. Saban said he was open to take any player that transfers in and able to "contribute immediately." So the guy that is not supremely talented or has to sit out a year is not going to get a look regardless of how much we need to bolster a particular position like TE.
The staff is planning on taking transfers. Some guys that would be ideal might not have announced their intentions at this point.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.