Grad Transfer Recruiting

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017
Well, I hope it's a recruiting topic.

Do we track whether BAMA is interested in or targeting any specific grad transfers? Most specifically interested in punters/kickers but maybe could be help at TE or ILB.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Well, I hope it's a recruiting topic.

Do we track whether BAMA is interested in or targeting any specific grad transfers? Most specifically interested in punters/kickers but maybe could be help at TE or ILB.
we are looking at a potential punter grad transfer whose name escapes me at the moment. it does appear to be dependent if we miss on multiple players on NSD.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Bernier is going to get one or more punts blocked if he looks next year the way he did this past season. He holds the ball a long time. Of course, coaching may help. I think this guy from South is pretty good.

rtr

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
If we take this kid, then where that leave for Delong? It would mean he is not progressing as one would hope. Delong can get his job back if he shows consistency this spring.

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017
Don't think it really matters because Reichard from Hoover is poised to take over one or both kicker positions - https://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298023
I was really hopeful with Reichard coming in until I read a synopsis on him that went something like 'good kicker that specializes in kickoffs but could be pressed into service as a place kicker if needed'. I'd feel better if we had someone else to compete with him and our current kicker.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I was really hopeful with Reichard coming in until I read a synopsis on him that went something like 'good kicker that specializes in kickoffs but could be pressed into service as a place kicker if needed'. I'd feel better if we had someone else to compete with him and our current kicker.
Not sure about that. He has been money through the uprights for the Bucs.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Me either. I read somewhere where a kicker teaching guru said Reichard has once in a generation talent and I don't think he was talking about kick-offs only.
He did miss at the UA game from forty I believe. No pressure, just a snap and kick. It has me worried about the spotlight of Bryant Denny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
He did miss at the UA game from forty I believe. No pressure, just a snap and kick. It has me worried about the spotlight of Bryant Denny.
To be fair it's hard to gauge them in all-star games because he has a different snapper and holder than normal. It does make a difference.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Who's judging? I simply pointed out that after being anointed a generational talent at kicking he missed a forty yard kick in a televised game. This doesn't mean he's going to be terrible any more than his praise means he's going to be the greatest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.