Long Snapper Gabe Pugh accepts Preferred Walk-on Offer to Bama

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008
Haven't seen anyone post, but Gabe Pugh, a long snapper from Northridge High School in Tuscaloosa, has committed to Bama. My sense he is a preferred walk-on. He's a big kid, about 6'5" and 275 and could have played guard in Division 1. Has been attending the Rubio camps for some time and is considered among the best snappers nationally.

I've had the chance to meet Gabe and his family. Wonderful kid. He won the Service Above Self Award from our Rotary Club in Montgomery. Raised $20,000 for a teammate with a brain tumor. I'm really happy to see a kid of this caliber in Crimson.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Re: Long Snapper Gabe Pugh Commits to Bama

RTO, being a PWO does it mean he doesn't play for 2 years or am I thinking of some other category of player?

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Re: Long Snapper Gabe Pugh Commits to Bama

RTO, being a PWO does it mean he doesn't play for 2 years or am I thinking of some other category of player?
yes, basically if a PWO plays at any point in his first two seasons, they have to go on scholarship.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.