The 2019 SOTU (State of the Union) - tonight at 9 PM ET

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Will be televised tonight at 9PM ET. I will be watching Gator basketball, so will have to watch a rerun later. I thought the guest list is an interesting one and will look forward to hearing their stories and seeing reaction afterwards.

The most important political issues of the past year will be on display Tuesday night, not only in what President Trump says in his State of the Union address, but in who will be in the audience.

Furloughed federal workers, Border Patrol agents, immigrants, school shooting survivors and the first inmate to benefit from a new criminal justice law will be among those gather in the chamber of the U.S. House.
Lawmakers, along with the president and first lady, pick guests every year to highlight or protest the policies of an administration.

From Immigration To The Shutdown, State Of The Union Guests Carry Political Messages

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Article II, Executive
Section 3
He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.

I think section 4 is a bit more appropriate today;)

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If a station would air it with the applause breaks edited out, I would watch. Would probably reduce the length of the broadcast by a third.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
SOTU seems like a waste of time under Trump since he is constantly tweeting his every thought.
If you want to go down the road of what is considered a waste of time....we could be here all week long and still only scratch the surface.

Our political party system has become a joke. Anyone who supports either party is (in my view) a traitor.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Who is the first beneficiary of a new criminal justice law. What's it about?
From the OP's link:

First lady's box
Headlining the president's guest list is Matthew Charles.

In 2016, after serving 21 years in prison, Charles won early release. He got a job and started volunteering, but less than two years later he was sent back to prison after an appeals court found there had been a mistake with his release.
He was released from prison again earlier this year, just weeks after Trump signed the First Step Act into law. The criminal justice law, which reduced sentences for certain federal drug crimes, among other provisions, may be Trump's crowning bipartisan achievement from his first two years in office.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Also:

Alice Johnson

President Trump granted Alice Johnson clemency on June 6, 2018. Alice had been serving a mandatory life sentence without parole for charges associated with a nonviolent drug case. During her nearly 22 years of incarceration, Alice accomplished what has been called an “extraordinary rehabilitation.” After her release, she was overjoyed to be reunited with her family. She has now dedicated her life to helping those who are in a similar position as she was and giving a voice to the criminal justice reform movement.

https://twitter.com/abc/status/https://twitter.com/AliceMarieFree/status/1092583332095897603?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Honestly it’s just nice to see Justice Kavanaugh take his rightful seat after the left’s pathetic and futile smear campaign that they waged against him. Also I can’t wait until RBG gets replaced by Trump. It’s time for her to go.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.