The 2019 SOTU (State of the Union) - tonight at 9 PM ET

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Bazz, you are a friend and a respected poster, but most on here are not going to respect or put any stock in what a serial liar has to say.
Thanks for your post, Gray.

I don't know if there is such a thing as a politician who doesn't lie.

Thus, if you use that as a basis on who to listen to and who not to, you may as well give up....lol.....

That said.....I post here only for entertainment purposes and perhaps some exchange of information and ideas.

It really doesn't matter to me that anyone buys into anything I post. In fact - I respect those who care enough to post - regardless of their views - because by doing so - they demonstrate that they are trying to stay engaged.

An analogy could be made by saying everyone should vote, regardless of who you vote for. Same here. The more posts the better. As long as they adhere to forum rules and policy.

It's those who do not post we should be concerned with - maybe.

Lastly - I put people in 3 groups:

1. Anti-Trump - will not listen to anything he says
2. Pro-Trump - listens to everything he says - (and agrees with all or most probably)
3. Those in between

:)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
in our country, there are a lot of folks across a pretty broad idealogical spectrum who don't find what is going remotely entertaining.

but it's the best reality show ever, so as long as you are tuning in, it's all good.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
in our country, there are a lot of folks across a pretty broad ideological spectrum who don't find what is going remotely entertaining.
but it's the best reality show ever, so as long as you are tuning in, it's all good.

Been like that as long as I can remember.......don't see anything changing either. Too much money to be made.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
OK.

But as a fellow Independent, I find his commentary to be refreshing at times, because for me it cuts through all the rhetoric and distills things down to the basics.
You aren't lying that this is posted for entertainment purposes, lol. Bill O'Reilly cutting through rhetoric....

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Right. I thought that was his occupation - rhetoricist... :D
I re-watched the video and the only thing I question is Bill's opinion that Trump will declare a state of emergency to get his wall built. Other than that - he made some valid and succinct points and observations.

I accept that everyone sees things through their own lens.

And FTR....I'm not a Bill O'Reilly fan per se......I agree with some of it and disagree with some also. But as I said....he does cut through the rhetoric and lays it out, which I appreciate.

As always....YMMV.......:)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I listened to part of it and I'm wasting no more time. It's the standard stuff he always spewed on Fox. "Babies born to be executed?" Yeah, that's fair and balanced...
succinct, but not valid.

just a reminder. bill o'reilly's duplicity led in part to dr. tiller's assassination. but hey, he gives a different perspective on matters. ymmv.

Assassination of George Tiller - wikipedia

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
been like what. there is nothing going on now that is similar to what has happened in the last several decades
I'll be 65 in June - so for me that would be about 6 decades. I guess 'several' could be as many as 6.

No matter though - because we have plenty of archived records of what's in our country's past, even if one was not around in person to witness it firsthand.

Whether it's talk forums or our political system - it's been the same old same old for as many decades as I can remember. You can argue that this presidency is different and that's a fair point.

But everything surrounding it is what we've come to expect, including those who are distressed and those who aren't and all those in between.

When has that never been the case in 'your' lifetime?

The other point I made that really and truly is one that should (IMHO) be of more concern is all the people making money off the political system. For me, that is the root of all evil.

But that fox........he's guarding the hen house! :eek2:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I listened to part of it and I'm wasting no more time. It's the standard stuff he always spewed on Fox. "Babies born to be executed?" Yeah, that's fair and balanced...
Right. Well, he was questioning the term she used "reproductive justice" when he said that. His point was not attacking the legislation, per se. Just a critique of Ms. Abrams' speech. If you really want to get down to brass tacks on his commentary.

And to be fair - I never said "fair and balanced". Nor is it mentioned anywhere in the video.

There will always be *some* rhetoric with just about any political commentator - that's how they get ratings.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Right. Well, he was questioning the term she used "reproductive justice" when he said that. His point was not attacking the legislation, per se. Just a critique of Ms. Abrams' speech. If you really want to get down to brass tacks on his commentary.

And to be fair - I never said "fair and balanced". Nor is it mentioned anywhere in the video.

There will always be *some* rhetoric with just about any political commentator - that's how they get ratings.
I've never heard anything from him but sloganizing. That's what he was/is paid for. After halfway, I remembered why I never listened to him. "Independent" certainly doesn't describe a shill like him...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
bazza, you voted for and continue to support the epitome of what you consider the “root of all evil” and keep trying to pretend what is going on now is no different than what’s always been. the current amount of brazen corruption surpasses by orders of magnitude nixon. you have to go back to the gilded age to find anything comparable.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
bazza, you voted for and continue to support the epitome of what you consider the “root of all evil” and keep trying to pretend what is going on now is no different than what’s always been. the current amount of brazen corruption surpasses by orders of magnitude nixon. you have to go back to the gilded age to find anything comparable.
I tend to avoid commenting on such discussions because I don't play well in the sandbox with those who have widely opposing opinions that I feel are not based upon factual information. I am not well equipped to enter into such repartee!

I do believe that the portion of the population who insist on using a broad paintbrush to characterize Trump as all other politicians and Fox News as being like all other sources of the news are failing to recognize or are badly underestimating the lasting damage that is being done to our democratic form of government, the economic foundations of our country and to our international relationships that have to a great extent prevented a catastrophic war over our lifetime.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I do believe that the portion of the population who insist on using a broad paintbrush to characterize Trump as all other politicians and Fox News as being like all other sources of the news
Many times I wonder if it is not some form of coping mechanism to prop up their ego after supporting something so very clearly awful rather than just admitting to it they have to make up excuses for it in their own mind.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.