Game Thread: UGA @ Alabama (8 pm tip, SECN) - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: UGA @ Alabama (8 pm tip, SECN)

Just an observation that this team should never have been able to make it this much of a game...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Just an observation that this team should never have been able to make it this much of a game...
    Good size with Ogbeide and Claxton inside enables them to keep some games closer than they should, but with Yante Maten and Parker having graduated, UGA is a shell of what it was last year.
    Just a barner.
    Off the Gus Bus and on the Pearl Parade!

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Second chance points by UGA.

UGA looks to be hurting at the guard spots.

Bama 48 to UGA 36 for the second half wasn't too bad; Tide did not look good for most of the first half trading points.

BamaNation All-American ReturnToGlory's Avatar

Well, if you'd told me that Donta was gonna have 3 points tonight, I might have found other entertainment tonight.

BamaNation All-American

Hall played very few minutes in the 1st half in foul trouble and was just plain inneffective against their big lineup. Smith apparently had a concussion after his good work early so we were left with Giddens. All in all a solid win.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Had to go to bed at the half, when things were looking a little too tight. Glad to see that your offense turned up the heat in the second half.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    Hall played very few minutes in the 1st half in foul trouble and was just plain inneffective against their big lineup. Smith apparently had a concussion after his good work early so we were left with Giddens. All in all a solid win.
    He was loafing early on unless he was injured. I saw a few times where he was barely jogging down the court. But then later on he was playing and moving around normally so I assume he was not injured.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Absolutely no defense by either team. I was glad to get the win but we've got to pick it up on defense to finish out with enough wins to be invited to the big dance.

BamaNation All-American

Agree. He has been invisible on defense this year. I think his blocks are down and he his fundamental effort on rebounding is poor. We need the Hall who was a rim protector up until this year. We absolutely need to beat Vandy Saturday.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by imauafan View Post
    ...glad to get the win but we've got to pick it up on defense to finish out with enough wins to be invited to the big dance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    ... We absolutely need to beat Vandy Saturday.
    That's why the game story above labeling the Vandy game "high risk, no reward" for 'Bama - any win from this point forward is a reward, and winning at the antediluvian chamber of horrors Mem Gym by .5 point would be cause for celebration and confidence building to boot.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

Nice finish after a slow and sluggish start. Have to keep the momentum going this weekend vs Vandy. We can keep alternating wins and losses. Need to string together a few wins here against lesser competition..

Didn't see anything but the highlights on SECN but was happy to see you get the win. Congrats!

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by TitleWave View Post
    That's why the game story above labeling the Vandy game "high risk, no reward" for 'Bama - any win from this point forward is a reward, and winning at the antediluvian chamber of horrors Mem Gym by .5 point would be cause for celebration and confidence building to boot.
    I agree. We had to win last night, and we really need to win Saturday, but I don't have any confidence going to Nashville. It is an understatement to say that we haven't fared very well there over the last 30 years.