Georgia with the #1 recruiting class? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Re: Georgia with the #1 recruiting class?

Quote Originally Posted by BAMAVILLE View Post
    Rivals is officially FULL OF IT

Not only do they have the foolishness to proclaim UGA as the number 1 recruiting class ... they somehow fixed their mouths to say that Bama's recruiting class was a loser in all of this ... unreal.

I was going to post the link but I would rather them not get any more clicks due to their garbage. Here's what they said about Bama as a Loser yesterday:
    haha...that sounds like it was written by a barner or dawg or the late Tammy from Finebuam.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    haha...that sounds like it was written by a barner or dawg or the late Tammy from Finebuam.
    LOL it's just plum foolishness! They keep taunting GP as a big get for UGA and the sad thing is the young man may never even attend the school ... I just don't get it. It's like Rivals has fell off so much over the years that they now have to make stuff up to get attention.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that GP will be the first three year Birmingham Iron player "fresh" out of HS that's in the new league waiting for NFL draft eligibility...
    LOL it's just plum foolishness! They keep taunting GP as a big get for UGA and the sad thing is the young man may never even attend the school ... I just don't get it. It's like Rivals has fell off so much over the years that they now have to make stuff up to get attention.

BamaNation All-SEC

Rivals is officially FULL OF IT

Not only do they have the foolishness to proclaim UGA as the number 1 recruiting class ... they somehow fixed their mouths to say that Bama's recruiting class was a loser in all of this ... unreal.

I was going to post the link but I would rather them not get any more clicks due to their garbage. Here's what they said about Bama as a Loser yesterday:
    Reads like something from MSNBC

BamaNation All-SEC

Its the true definition of a "spin" lol

BamaNation First Team

FWIW, Georgia has five 5*'s in this class according to 247Sports composite. Travon Walker and Nakobe Dean are both 5*'s. I think Rivals may also looking at the position rankings, where UGA has scored high.

In the end recruiting rankings are very subjective and final evaluations cannot be reached for another 3 years. There's little question that Bama reeled in a great 2019 class, regardless of Rivals rankings.

If you want to see the disparity between Rivals and others, look at the reference sheet above. Just finished updating it. The 247Composite player rankings and the Rivals player rankings drastically differ on some guys, and remember the 247Composite would include the Rivals ranking.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

FWIW...By their rankings we have 4 4* ESPN 300 recruits THAT DON'T COUNT...
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    FWIW, Georgia has five 5*'s in this class according to 247Sports composite. Travon Walker and Nakobe Dean are both 5*'s. I think Rivals may also looking at the position rankings, where UGA has scored high.

In the end recruiting rankings are very subjective and final evaluations cannot be reached for another 3 years. There's little question that Bama reeled in a great 2019 class, regardless of Rivals rankings.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    If you want to see the disparity between Rivals and others, look at the reference sheet above. Just finished updating it. The 247Composite player rankings and the Rivals player rankings drastically differ on some guys, and remember the 247Composite would include the Rivals ranking.
    The most egregious is CB Jeffrey Carter. 247 (not composite) has Carter as a 5* and Rivals ranks him as the #40 CB. What?

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    247 is, far and away, the best of these services in the business right now. Fans of every program know that, but are happy to ignore it when convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    247 is, far and away, the best of these services in the business right now. Fans of every program know that, but are happy to ignore it when convenient.
    Exactly in the big picture when you look at these classes 3 and 4 years down the road and see how things turned out that is a better indicator of how they should have been ranked. As far as how they are ranked currently to quote the old lady from Outlaw Josey Wales "All that big talk is worth dooly squat".

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post

George Pickens is just a mirage. I doubt he ever plays...

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by NoNC4Tubs View Post
    George Pickens is just a mirage. I doubt he ever plays...
    You may well be right. Then again, flipping the #1 player in the state of Alabama from Auburn, on NSD was certainly worth a chuckle and big fat grin!