What can we take away from this year's recruting rankings ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC

What can we take away from this year's recruting rankings ...

Since it seems that everything is pretty much wrapped up for the 2019 recruiting season, though it would be interesting to take a deeper look at the results nationally:

• The PAC 12 only has one team in the top ten, the next team is Washington at 15 (ESPN, 17 on 247Sports)

• SEC West continues to be loaded with talent with Bama, TAMU and LSU boasting top 5 teams

• The SEC ends up with 5 teams in the top 10 ... the next conference is the Big 12 with two.

• This is the first time since 2010 the Ohio State doesn't have a top ten recruiting class.

• USC has 0 5-stars in this class.

• UM is the only B1G team in the top ten

• Oregon has the first top ten class in over 10+ years The next highest ranking was 12(?) in 2010

• This is the first top ten class for UF since 2014

Anyone see anything else that stands out?

BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar

Re: What can we take away from this year's recruting rankings ...

We have a signing day curse. I think we lose more than we win here lately. I'm not complaining about the class, just that it seems we fizzle out on signing day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderFan View Post
    We have a signing day curse. I think we lose more than we win here lately. I'm not complaining about the class, just that it seems we fizzle out on signing day.

Staff turnover probably hurt more than many realize.....................that as well as playing time and negativity across the league..............

BamaNation All-SEC

Its all relative honestly ... all I can say is we today have the number one class and have been in the top ten with recruiting for almost a decade. There are going to be programs that have wins that look bigger than what they are but the key is can they sustain it like CNS has in the midst of staff turnover and attrition to the NFL?

We've done good at filling a majority of our needs in sustaining where others are either trying to get talent or develop depth. Only Clemson, OSU are arguably the only two programs that have similar level of depth (and mind you I said depth ... not talent). Its several programs that have a good range of talent but not depth.

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

I understand the perception but we did sign three high rated 4 star players today at need positions. That is more of a bang than a fizzle. Could have been better...could have been worse but overall, very, very nice class indeed.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

You mean the day Trey Sanders, Evan Neal, and Ish announced they’re going to Bama?

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Ask me in about 4 years.

BamaNation All-American

I'm pleased with the class.................Henry T would have been nice, but overall I find nothing to complain about

BamaNation All-American bamaslammer's Avatar

Staff turnover has damaged our ability to land recruits but landing a #1 or #2 under these circumstances is hard to be upset about. Bottom line is we need to do a better job of taking the mid level recruits and getting mileage out of them. We had too many guys sitting on the bench last year. We need to develop these guys. I realize they have to earn their way on the field. but part of that is coaching.
    BS 1989

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

We crushed it. Saban took his hatred of the early signing period and shoved it down their throats

It's the No.1 class in the country!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeter View Post
    I'm pleased with the class.................Henry T would have been nice, but overall I find nothing to complain about

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by The Ols View Post
    It's the No.1 class in the country!!!
    Precisely....................which is why I aint complaining..............

And I agree with bamaslammer, in that I'd love to see the mid level players developed and get more playing time.

BamaNation All-SEC

Well, you can say we had the number one recruiting class. And yes, it does take a little of the bloom off the rose, when you don't get a couple of guys at the end you really wanted. But we got what we needed, and got a lot of very good players. I just hope we can keep coaches around long enough to insure the players proper development.