Georgia with the #1 recruiting class?

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I just looked at their scoring system, seems really flawed. They only rate the top 20 recruits in a schools class, and then they assign a redundant scoring system that awards points based on a recruits rating + points for where they are rated in the rivals 250.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
As expected Georgia sports talk radio is really tooting their horn over their "#1 recruiting class." They think they are winning a title for sure this year because "Hurts is gone and Tua has no back-up." I would die laughing if Tua's little brother were to come in and beat them.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
As expected Georgia sports talk radio is really tooting their horn over their "#1 recruiting class." They think they are winning a title for sure this year because "Hurts is gone and Tua has no back-up." I would die laughing if Tua's little brother were to come in and beat them.
That’s the one thing about being on a shelf right now, I miss listening to sports talk radio going to and from work! It’s probably a good thing!

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
That’s the one thing about being on a shelf right now, is I miss listening to sports talk radio going to and from work! It’s probably a good thing!
Shelf... or ledge? ;)

Really, 1 or 2, it really doesn't matter right now. They are still trying to catch up to us. As long as Coach Saban is here, they will never pass us! :)

Last edited:

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Rivals is officially FULL OF IT

Not only do they have the foolishness to proclaim UGA as the number 1 recruiting class ... they somehow fixed their mouths to say that Bama's recruiting class was a loser in all of this ... unreal.

I was going to post the link but I would rather them not get any more clicks due to their garbage. Here's what they said about Bama as a Loser yesterday:

ALABAMA

Can the Tide really be a loser after finishing with the No. 2 class in the nation? Well, considering that they were viewed as a virtual lock to win the recruiting national championship following the Early Signing Period, Wednesday’s proceedings didn’t exactly go as planned. First, the Tide saw four-star defensive end Khris Bogle flip to Florida, then they watched as tight end target Brett Seither signed with Georgia and linebacker target Henry To’oto’o committed to Tennessee. Alabama is still loaded and still a favorite to make the College Football Playoff next season, but having several players slip away on signing day isn’t the Nick Saban way.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Not only do they have the foolishness to proclaim UGA as the number 1 recruiting class ... they somehow fixed their mouths to say that Bama's recruiting class was a loser in all of this ... unreal.

I was going to post the link but I would rather them not get any more clicks due to their garbage. Here's what they said about Bama as a Loser yesterday:
haha...that sounds like it was written by a barner or dawg or the late Tammy from Finebuam.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
haha...that sounds like it was written by a barner or dawg or the late Tammy from Finebuam.
LOL it's just plum foolishness! They keep taunting GP as a big get for UGA and the sad thing is the young man may never even attend the school ... I just don't get it. It's like Rivals has fell off so much over the years that they now have to make stuff up to get attention.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that GP will be the first three year Birmingham Iron player "fresh" out of HS that's in the new league waiting for NFL draft eligibility...
LOL it's just plum foolishness! They keep taunting GP as a big get for UGA and the sad thing is the young man may never even attend the school ... I just don't get it. It's like Rivals has fell off so much over the years that they now have to make stuff up to get attention.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

Reads like something from MSNBC

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
FWIW, Georgia has five 5*'s in this class according to 247Sports composite. Travon Walker and Nakobe Dean are both 5*'s. I think Rivals may also looking at the position rankings, where UGA has scored high.

In the end recruiting rankings are very subjective and final evaluations cannot be reached for another 3 years. There's little question that Bama reeled in a great 2019 class, regardless of Rivals rankings.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
If you want to see the disparity between Rivals and others, look at the reference sheet above. Just finished updating it. The 247Composite player rankings and the Rivals player rankings drastically differ on some guys, and remember the 247Composite would include the Rivals ranking.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
FWIW...By their rankings we have 4 4* ESPN 300 recruits THAT DON'T COUNT...
FWIW, Georgia has five 5*'s in this class according to 247Sports composite. Travon Walker and Nakobe Dean are both 5*'s. I think Rivals may also looking at the position rankings, where UGA has scored high.

In the end recruiting rankings are very subjective and final evaluations cannot be reached for another 3 years. There's little question that Bama reeled in a great 2019 class, regardless of Rivals rankings.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
If you want to see the disparity between Rivals and others, look at the reference sheet above. Just finished updating it. The 247Composite player rankings and the Rivals player rankings drastically differ on some guys, and remember the 247Composite would include the Rivals ranking.
The most egregious is CB Jeffrey Carter. 247 (not composite) has Carter as a 5* and Rivals ranks him as the #40 CB. What?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
247 is, far and away, the best of these services in the business right now. Fans of every program know that, but are happy to ignore it when convenient.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
247 is, far and away, the best of these services in the business right now. Fans of every program know that, but are happy to ignore it when convenient.
Exactly in the big picture when you look at these classes 3 and 4 years down the road and see how things turned out that is a better indicator of how they should have been ranked. As far as how they are ranked currently to quote the old lady from Outlaw Josey Wales "All that big talk is worth dooly squat".

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

George Pickens is just a mirage. I doubt he ever plays... :cool2:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

It’s ok, we know it’s important to you guys! As someone mention, sports talk ate it up in Atlanta! As did some on your board, ‘Nova. Maybe UGA fans would be better served if they hold Kirby to higher on-field standards instead of recruiting wins! Still it’s strange when one school has a higher average and more recruits, yet is ranked lower! Formula anomalies , I guess. But the crazy thing about it, Bama still pulled in a Top class while replacing most of the coaches.....again! Imagine what will happen when most of the staff stays together!

Pickens put you guys at #1. As someone above mentioned, I doubt he ever plays, but maybe Kirby can do things Richt couldn’t.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.