...Alabama...sigh...you've done it again

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I have been listening to an NPR podcast called White Lies. It is about the murder of a white preacher from up north in Selma in 1965. Three men were tried and acquitted at the time.

The podcast is produced by two white guys from Alabama who looked into the case trying to track down another possible person involved in the killing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
just when you think they can't get more absurd

Alabama woman loses unborn child after being shot, gets arrested; shooter goes free

A woman whose unborn baby was killed in a 2018 Pleasant Grove shooting has now been indicted in the death.

Marshae Jones, a 27-year-old Birmingham woman, was indicted by a Jefferson County grand jury on a manslaughter charge. She was taken into custody on Wednesday.

Though Jones didn’t fire the shots that killed her unborn baby girl, authorities say she initiated the dispute that led to the gunfire. Police initially charged 23-year-old Ebony Jemison with manslaughter, but the charge against Jemison was dismissed after the grand jury failed to indict her.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
In fairness, it sounds like a grand jury ruled that the shooter was acting in self-defense, but the manslaughter-of-fetus thing seems like a pretty deep stretch.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
In fairness, it sounds like a grand jury ruled that the shooter was acting in self-defense, but the manslaughter-of-fetus thing seems like a pretty deep stretch.
it seems like an authoritarian move to show everyone who is boss and who isn't. which is basically the platform of the fundie gop these days

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The Democrat DA says she's not sure they'll prosecute (I question why they would have gone to a grand jury then).

People can question the charge (would be hard to make it if I was on the GJ), but I tend to have too much faith in a juries in this situation. I mean the grand jury declines charges against one but charges the other? Evidence had to heavily point one way.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Maybe a gas tax increase wouldn’t be necessary if they’d stop throwing away our money on pointless endeavors. Unfortunately, the blind voters in this state just love handing over more and more taxes to make up for the stupidity of their representatives that they refuse to vote out of office.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Maybe a gas tax increase wouldn’t be necessary if they’d stop throwing away our money on pointless endeavors. Unfortunately, the blind voters in this state just love handing over more and more taxes to make up for the stupidity of their representatives that they refuse to vote out of office.
The money isn’t anywhere comparable but nice try.

When the state is paying the ACLU over $300 million for a single year, you’ll have a point. Until then, you’re comparing grapes and bananas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I drove in Boston last year. I’ll agree they are the worst drivers I’ve ever seen. Rudeness must be a requirement to get a license to drive.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
That is probably based on the speed of things. Anybody driving the legal speed limit on the beltway around Atlanta is a positive safety menace. The Atlanta beltway is like an extended Indy Car race.
This video is a case in point:

My rule of thumb is that your speed should be about equal to the highway number: so 75 mph on I-75, 85 mph on I-85, and 400 mph on GA 400.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
That is probably based on the speed of things. Anybody driving the legal speed limit on the beltway around Atlanta is a positive safety menace. The Atlanta beltway is like an extended Indy Car race.
add to that the summer through traffic that doesn't know their way around the interstate system and you have a lot of fun on the roads

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.