...Alabama...sigh...you've done it again - Page 19
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91213141516171819202122 LastLast

Re: ...Alabama...sigh...you've done it again

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Look up his campaign manager. That will explain part of it.
    is it sean spicer?
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    is it sean spicer?
    Close - Reince Priebus

Have a mutual acquaintance that told me a couple of months back "He has absolutely no idea about Alabama politics. He's lost." Not sure why Tubs would have even hired him.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Close - Reince Priebus

Have a mutual acquaintance that told me a couple of months back "He has absolutely no idea about Alabama politics. He's lost." Not sure why Tubs would have even hired him.
    That may be one of the worst jokes I've ever heard...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

ďI would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.Ē Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    I tend to agree about toll roads. Plus the condition of the roads in Alabama. They have been working on I-20 Atlanta to Birmingham ever since I can remember. I really wish I had gone into civil engineering and gotten that job. I would have never been unemployed.
    Arenít the toll road and gas tax state issues and not the concern of the federal government?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    That may be one of the worst jokes I've ever heard...
    if you remove all of the vowels from his name, you get - rnc pr bs
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    I tend to agree about toll roads. Plus the condition of the roads in Alabama. They have been working on I-20 Atlanta to Birmingham ever since I can remember. I really wish I had gone into civil engineering and gotten that job. I would have never been unemployed.
    they were working on that stretch of I-20 when i first moved here from tuscaloosa in spring of '93 and it has never stopped.

- George Orwell

ó Thomas Pynchon

Close - Reince Priebus

Is there a link to this? I couldnít find anything about him chairing the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    Is there a link to this? I couldnít find anything about him chairing the campaign.

Sorry. It is Spicer.

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."

Sorry. It is Spicer.

Actually, that's worse...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

ďI would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.Ē Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    they were working on that stretch of I-20 when i first moved here from tuscaloosa in spring of '93 and it has never stopped.
    Like I said, it would be great to have that contract. Then again if you cannot finish a job in less than 26 years, you suck at your job.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

Arenít the toll road and gas tax state issues and not the concern of the federal government?

Yes they are.

https://www.al.com/news/mobile/2019/...-are-tied.html

-- Coach Bryant

I have accepted the fact Doug Jones will likely lose his Senate seat. But can the Republicans not find someone decent?

Roy Moore is Roy Moore.
    Tommy Tuberville is Trumpís lapdog.
    Mo Brooks said the women soccer players should leave the country and blamed rising sea levels on rocks.
    Bradley Byrne offered to buy tickets out of the country for the Congresswomen Trump called out.
    John Merrill says gay TV shows and wife swap shows are the downfall of society.

FB|BB Moderator

Aren’t the toll road and gas tax state issues and not the concern of the federal government?

Since when has a little thing like the 10th Amendment stopped the feds from stepping into things that are reserved for the states?

Fact is, support of states rights is more a function of whose ox is being gored.

If it's something we want, like better roads, we want the feds' help even though it's the state's job to take care of the roads.

If it's something we don't want, like the feds' interference with what we perceive to be none of their business, we invoke states rights.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.