...Alabama...sigh...you've done it again

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
This clown has less circulation than a crackpot pamphleteer in any large city, yet through the magic of the Internet, he is now the face of Alabama.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
When asked if he recognized the KKK as a racist and violent organization, Sutton disagreed, comparing the Klan to the NAACP."A violent organization? Well, they didn't kill but a few people," Sutton said. "The Klan wasn't violent until they needed to be."

Locals in west Alabama say the Democrat-Reporter has a history of inflammatory, racist and offensive language on the editorial page. A review of archived print editions reveal headlines such as "Homosexuals take black spotlight" and an editorial which stated "Slavery was a good lesson for Jews." The paper also regularly republishes what appear to old editorials from the 1930s and 1940s, which include multiple instances of racist slurs.
I don't think this guy knows that it's NOT 1930s and 1940s anymore.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Trumpies keep saying Pelosi and friends are committing treason by not voting for the wall. No, it is not treason to oppose the president’s policies.

However, advocating the violent overthrow of the government is the textbook definition of treason. Throw this jackwad in ADX Florence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Trumpies keep saying Pelosi and friends are committing treason by not voting for the wall. No, it is not treason to oppose the president’s policies.

However, advocating the violent overthrow of the government is the textbook definition of treason. Throw this jackwad in ADX Florence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No it isn't. Actually attempting the overthrow is treason. Advocation is its own lesser crime.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
https://thegrio.com/2019/02/23/blac...ma-newspaper-editor-known-for-supporting-kkk/

A white newspaper editor and owner in Alabama who supported a resurgence of the Ku Klux Klan is handing over control of his conservative weekly publication to a Black woman.
The Democrat-Reporter of Linden, Alabama, announced Friday that Elecia R. Dexter will take over as publisher and editor from Goodloe Sutton, who has run the 140-year-old paper since the 1960s.

Dexter, whose family is from rural Marengo County, near the Mississippi line – which is where the newspaper is located – said she started working at The Democrat-Reporter recently and has a good working relationship with Goodloe. She told NBC News: “I told him there were some different ways you could have made your point.”

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Alabama high school holding assemblies to discuss students’ racist video

Students at Spain Park High School in Hoover are meeting, one grade level at a time, to talk about race and “hear from the principal about the video and the hurt it has caused,” according to district spokesperson Jason Gaston.

The video, which surfaced on social media over the weekend, shows a group of white students talking about the Holocaust, about Jewish people, and about African-Americans, using the n-word multiple times in a derogatory manner.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
This will not end well...

Madison Co Probate Judge recognizes an aborted fetus as a person with rights

Allowing the father to sue for damages.
Sort of confused. The matter of entitlement to sue will be decided in circuit court. Had the probate judge said "no," then the matter would have still be transferred to circuit court for a decision, so it didn't matter what the probate court said. If you look at the heading of the pleading, it's already in circuit court, where the matters of substance will be decided...

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Sort of confused. The matter of entitlement to sue will be decided in circuit court. Had the probate judge said "no," then the matter would have still be transferred to circuit court for a decision, so it didn't matter what the probate court said. If you look at the heading of the pleading, it's already in circuit court, where the matters of substance will be decided...
Ah. Serves me right for not staying at a Holiday Inn Express on my last trip.

I had a hunch I was missing something, as I couldn't quite figure how the decision fell to a probate judge. I'm guessing estate law was involved.

Feel free to edit my link to make it more accurate.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Let me reiterate, maybe clarify. The probate court's decision isn't material. The probate court is just a stepping stone. Even if he had refused, the father's attorney would have filed in circuit court a writ of mandamus to force the opening of the estate by the probate court. The exact same legal issue would have presented, whether or not an aborted fetus has legal rights as a live-born citizen. This, of course, makes a much better story for TV...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.