...Alabama...sigh...you've done it again

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
All I know is when I was growing up the men knew who the men were, the women knew who the women were, the men knew who the women were, and the women knew who the men were.

My friend, Scott Thompson, married a girl...she turned out to be a guy. So the next time, he married a guy; only this time he really was a guy.

So I guess I saying sometimes you can just out think yourself.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
I originally saw the article on the Facebook page for Yellowhammer News (a right wing political site). Not surprisingly, the vast majority of the commenters either flat out agreed with him or defended his right to free speech. Defending free speech often seems to be code for “I agree with this but I am smart enough not to say it”.

Yes, he does have free speech, but since he hasn’t been arrested for his views, that isn’t an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously, I agree 100% but I wanted to point that out, so that when he possibly loses his job, the right wing outrage machine will invariably whine that the PC police are just persecuting christians again.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
In February the General Conference of the First United Methodist Church voted to reject same sex marriage and LGBTQ clergy. The vote was closer than I expected losing by 75 votes out of roughly 800.

Before the vote, I had a Methodist pastor in hygiene and he asked my feelings. I told him if God has called anyone to the ministry I certainly wasn’t going to stand in their way and that I feel what goes on in my bedroom is no ones business but mine. He responded with the usual “abomination”, it’s not natural, etc. Our conversation got heated enough, that I assumed I had lost him as a patient.

He came back in this morning. He’s a nice man, salt of the earth type guy living by his convictions. We didn’t discuss the vote anymore. Evidently we have agreed to disagree.
He's in about a one-third minority of American UMC pastors...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Still can't get over the poll a couple of months ago that had him in the lead and showed his favorable with the under 50 crowd higher than the over 50 crowd.
I would say that him running is a good thing since he always loses non Judiciary elections, and it would be great to have Doug a little longer. But I just cant stomach the possiblity that he could potentially and probably would win and get to represent this state in Washington so this is most likely a bad thing.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I may vote for Moore in the primary because he is Jones’ best chance of winning. But that could lead to Moore getting elected.

Although I don’t think he could be any worse than Tubby, based on what I have read of his views.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I may vote for Moore in the primary because he is Jones’ best chance of winning. But that could lead to Moore getting elected.

Although I don’t think he could be any worse than Tubby, based on what I have read of his views.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://tommyforsenate.com/issues/

Investigate the investigators...…………..

[/FONT]

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
IMO, what should be debated is the departure of the American denomination from the world organization, instead of individual churches from UMC, which is almost impossible, financially...
All three options seemed like various, this is how we will start the splitting up process, solution.

Last edited:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
This issue reminds me of the only other issue over which Democrats were so animated.
It split major church denominations, parties demanded absolutely loyalty on the subject (it was a difficult topic on which to compromise) and even those Americans who never had any intention of engaging in the practice themselves saw it as a constitutional right and acted as if any restriction of the exercise of that right was the end of self-government and the death knell of constitutional liberty.
All that I really missing from today" situation is the hard geographical line separating advocates and detractors.

Just a curiosity to me.

Last edited:

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Alabama is an enigma to me. On the one hand I have met many very fine people from the state, and I married a fine man from Ft. Payne. However, they do their best to epitomize the racist, redneck types who may go to church but cannot be truly considered Christian because of their extreme beliefs . I still don't understand how the "evangelicals" can be considered remotely following the tenets of Jesus Christ. There is no forgiveness in them and definitely no love for their fellow human being. They will fight for the right of a fetus who may be unwanted by the mother and ignored by the sperm donor who is destined to be raised on either welfare or by the state while they will put death someone who may be guilty of horrendous crimes -- but may not. If all life is precious as they so piously do, then ALL life is precious -- even the life of the sinner. Jesus was very clear on this point. Bunch of hypocrites if you ask me.

These hypocrites even insist on idolizing a president who has broken every one of the 10 commandments (either directly or indirectly) without batting an eye.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.