...Alabama...sigh...you've done it again

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I predict they will stop allowing the Christian chaplain into the death chamber. Then we will see howls of protest from the same people who didn’t want the iman in.

I didn’t know they even let a preacher in there. I would be fine if they stopped doing it. But if they let him in, they should allow a condemned man to select someone from his own faith if he isn’t Christian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I predict they will stop allowing the Christian chaplain into the death chamber. Then we will see howls of protest from the same people who didn’t want the iman in.

I didn’t know they even let a preacher in there. I would be fine if they stopped doing it. But if they let him in, they should allow a condemned man to select someone from his own faith if he isn’t Christian.

For that matter, if they will allow a spiritual advisor, then they should allow a family member, or anyone else at all that the condemned should desire that will agree to come.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
They heard about what is going on in Virginia and wanted to let the country know we are still relevant in the idiotic racist game.

The guy isn’t trying to avoid execution. Let him have his Iman with him.

What does race have to do with it?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Kagan nailed it - if the Imam was actually there (as in, getting him there wasn't prohibitive) then this is exactly as it appears to be on the surface and I hope it gets challenged in court.

These clowns are so short-sighted they don't understand that weaponizing their religion can come back to haunt them some day - particularly if there's a time when the majority of the people believe something differently than they do...

Alabama gonna Alabama, though - love the university, but the only thing keeping it from being the most backward state in the union is Mississippi.
Not quite true any more. Probably Alabama's worst stat is GDP per capita, where only five states are behind. However, in stats like educational level, there are six states behind, including a couple which would surprise you. I'd like to see more progress, true, but it's far different from when only MS was behind. Of course, in Alabama, the Black Belt and, TBF, much of lower Alabama, lag far behind north Alabama in income and education. However, it's not the same as Mississippi, where the entire state is like that, except for Jackson...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
What does race have to do with it?
I know being Muslim isn’t a race. But they are a minority group of mostly dark skinned people. You can’t tell me that isn’t a factor in anti-Islamic sentiment.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Frankly, given that too many of these convictions for the death penalty and long sentences get overturned on new evidence or prosecutorial impropriety I would like to see the death penalty abolished. One innocent dead person is one too many. Life in prison without parole will do and if it's overturned then you still have a living person to let go. Can't bring them back from the dead to tell them sorry and let them out.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
i know being muslim isn’t a race. But they are a minority group of mostly dark skinned people. You can’t tell me that isn’t a factor in anti-islamic sentiment.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
‘they turk err jrb’

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Frankly, given that too many of these convictions for the death penalty and long sentences get overturned on new evidence or prosecutorial impropriety I would like to see the death penalty abolished. One innocent dead person is one too many. Life in prison without parole will do and if it's overturned then you still have a living person to let go. Can't bring them back from the dead to tell them sorry and let them out.
I think it should be reserved for the worst of the worst - killing while imprisoned already on a life without parole, clear evidence of murder of an LEO, etc. I'm familiar with how prosecutors think. All too many have a "win at all costs" mentality and all too many are way too much in bed with the LEOs, whom they're not supposed to represent...

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I think it should be reserved for the worst of the worst - killing while imprisoned already on a life without parole, clear evidence of murder of an LEO, etc. I'm familiar with how prosecutors think. All too many have a "win at all costs" mentality and all too many are way too much in bed with the LEOs, whom they're not supposed to represent...
Testilying! Been a victim, until a prosecution witness corroborated my story. Lucky for me, the prosecution called that witness! Once the acquittal came in, the judge actually told me that doesn’t mean I am innocent, just that there wasn’t enough evidence to convict me at this time. My jaw dropped to the floor! I fought back my rage, smiled and left the courtroom! The officer should have been charged with perjury in my opinion! I know murder is a much more serious offense than I was charged with, but the inner workings of our judicial system is the same.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Testilying! Been a victim, until a prosecution witness collaborated my story. Lucky for me, the prosecution called that witness! Once the acquittal came in, the judge actually told me that doesn’t mean I am innocent, just that there wasn’t enough evidence to convict me at this time. My jaw dropped to the floor! I fought back my rage, smiled and left the courtroom! The officer should have been charged with perjury in my opinion! I know murder is a much more serious offense than I was charged with, but the inner workings of our judicial system is the same.
You were wise to hold your tongue. He was trying to goad you into remarks he could hold you in contempt for...

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
You were wise to hold your tongue. He was trying to goad you into remarks he could hold you in contempt for...
When I lived in Dothan, I sat on a jury in a trial of a guy accused of molesting his 8 yr old step-daughter.

I was among three of the twelve jurors who held out for conviction. After 2-3 days of deliberation, we couldn't come up with a verdict.

On the morning of the 3rd day, we the jury sat in an empty courtroom. The judge came in and berated us for wasting the court's time and money, pointedly looking at those of us who thought the guy was guilty.

I risked contempt after that jury was dismissed. I went up to his office and sat down and told him that I and the other jury members were within our rights to vote to convict or acquit as our conscience sees fit. And he as the judge should only rule on thefairness of the case.

Luckily, I was polite enough and he had gotten over his anger. I was just ....ed off because I had tried to get out of jury duty (small children, and wife was out-of-town working) due to family obligations, and I had just spent 3 days in a jury box that I really didn't want to be in. And to have that guy talk to us like we were spoiled children. Just set me off.

I later found out that the accused was part of a good-old-boy network in Dothan. Everybody knew him, the D.A. and even the judge....who should have recused himself. They didn't want the case to go to trial in the 1st place. Small town justice.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.