News Article: Birmingham Raiders? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: Birmingham Raiders?

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I think that is going to follow him until he proves it to be a thing of the past, and even though he scored twice yesterday he really didn’t have one of those “ wow he is on his way” type of games.

I hope Trent gets another shot in the NFLbut I think unless he really shows out for the Iron then a practice squad role maybe his only shot in the NFL.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTheory View Post
    Birmingham Raiders sounds like a club level England futbol team.
    Is the name even politically correct in the day and age we live in..LOL

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonNagus View Post
    The fact that B’ham got an AAFL team with Legion Field as the only option is a joke. They couldn’t pay me enough to go to a game in that part of town.
    I went to the AAF game yesterday at Legion Field and took my son and one of his friends. We had no problems or issues. Traffic flowed great into and out of the stadium, parking was great, concessions were fine, and the football was enjoyable too. I plan to go to a few more games during this season.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by TiderMan View Post
    I went to the AAF game yesterday at Legion Field and took my son and one of his friends. We had no problems or issues. Traffic flowed great into and out of the stadium, parking was great, concessions were fine, and the football was enjoyable too. I plan to go to a few more games during this season.
    I watched most of the game yesterday and some of the Orlando game earlier in the weekend. I have a positive attitude toward the league and believe that there are a lot of excellent football players out there and this league gives them a good opportunity to perform. It would be good for football for the league to be successful financially. IMO

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UAH View Post
    I watched most of the game yesterday and some of the Orlando game earlier in the weekend. I have a positive attitude toward the league and believe that there are a lot of excellent football players out there and this league gives them a good opportunity to perform. It would be good for football for the league to be successful financially. IMO
    Is the plan for the Iron to play at the new UAB stadium when it's done? This is assuming the league last that long.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    Is the plan for the Iron to play at the new UAB stadium when it's done? This is assuming the league last that long.
    Yes but as you say.......

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    Yes but as you say.......
    I like what I saw on their opening weekend. They can get a game in at around 2.5 hours. And if they can develop their team around some former Bama and Auburn players, as they started to do, they'll draw a decent crowd.

I actually saw a discusion on Twitter that said the announced attendance of 17K was actually low and several said they thought it was a good 10K more than that. If they can develop a good team and get into the new stadium I think B'ham will get behind them.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

Not a bad crowd considering the weather wasn’t the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-American GP for Bama's Avatar

I think I saw where the crowd was announced at about 17,000. Very respectable. If that had been a UAB game the would have announced that crowd as about 38,000.
    Bama 934-320-44 73.6% On the field

2018 SEC CHAMPS!

https://www.al.com/news/2019/02/birm...d-raiders.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Second Team DogPatch's Avatar

Just an idiot trying to grab a headline.