News Article: Birmingham Raiders?

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
The stadium is a dump and a hazard, the neighborhood is even more dangerous than the stadium, and the surrounding interstate is closed down. Yep sounds like the perfect time to do it.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I don't understand why they can't work out something with UNLV?

Rtr
They can, but that stadium is being demolished after next year as UNLV will play in the new Domed Raiders stadium. Makes no sense to dump a few million into a stadium to bring it up to NFL code just to tear it down. Plus the Raiders want to Roll into Vegas all shiney and new!
I would think if the Raiders leave the Bay Area, my money would be on San Diego. They already have an NFL stadium and could draw some of the old LA Raider fans from the SoCal area.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Just another in a long list of shots in the dark by the “leadership” in Birmingham. This one goes in the list with Langford’s idea to dig a canal from Birmingham to the coast so that Birmingham can be a shipping hub...(facepalm)

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
The stadium is a dump and a hazard, the neighborhood is even more dangerous than the stadium, and the surrounding interstate is closed down. Yep sounds like the perfect time to do it.
Birmingham is pretty much a cesspool these days.
The murder rate is the lead story on B-ham TV.
Life is cheap among the Birmingham Gangs.
The TV stations never mention that most of the shootings are either Gang or Robbery
related.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Just another in a long list of shots in the dark by the “leadership” in Birmingham. This one goes in the list with Langford’s idea to dig a canal from Birmingham to the coast so that Birmingham can be a shipping hub...(facepalm)
“Atlanta has an Aquarium. Why can’t Birmingham have an Aquarium? If Atlanta can have beluga whales, why can’t Birmingham have beluga whales?”

- Larry “Beluga” Langford

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
The fact that B’ham got an AAFL team with Legion Field as the only option is a joke. They couldn’t pay me enough to go to a game in that part of town.
Well, given the reputation of the team (and the reputation of their fans) can you imagine a more appropriate team to play at Legion Field?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.