Go Bama! Exorcise the Demons that Haunt Us at Vandy!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Know he had a big game a few weeks back, but AJ just doesn’t provide the same spark and excitement that Kira gives. There’s really not another option, though. Dazon had a good game last night but is too turnover prone (led the team with 3 last night).

Staff needs to be creative with giving Kira breaks because the team is so much better when he’s on the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like Day-Day, I worry about playing him into the ground. Nevertheless, to succeed this late season, we'll probably have to play him a whole game at some point. On a related point, I liked the sub rotation a little better this game. It seemed like he wasn't so anxious to play the whole bench. As well as Petty has been playing (from last year, when he played him too much, I never thought he had the inside stuff in him), I might have played him more. (I haven't looked at the box score.)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Like Day-Day, I worry about playing him into the ground. Nevertheless, to succeed this late season, we'll probably have to play him a whole game at some point. On a related point, I liked the sub rotation a little better this game. It seemed like he wasn't so anxious to play the whole bench. As well as Petty has been playing (from last year, when he played him too much, I never thought he had the inside stuff in him), I might have played him more. (I haven't looked at the box score.)
JP played 26 minutes, which is right around where he's been playing during conference play.

Would say the rotation was better because Galin and Reese were out. Avery was limited in who he could play.

Mentioned the staff needs to be creative in how they spell Kira. Much easier said than done since the media timeouts can take awhile to actually happen. It's easier in the NBA or women's basketball with about a minute or two left in the quarter to just sub a player to have that time plus the commercial break to rest.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I know Kira can't play the whole game, every game, but I see no signs he hasn't adjusted to the game at this level (which is incredible when you think about it...should be playing HS ball in the Huntsville area right now).

He's got 3 things you can't teach:

1. He's 17.
2. He's got speed to burn (probably not as fast as Sexton) but Kira is much, much more efficient and smooth and I think he can "get it done" with less effort than Sexton, who needed regular breathers. I mean, Kira looks like he's not even trying he's so smooth.
3. He's just got natural skills that can't be taught. His shooting stroke is pure and he easily gets to the rim and is practically automatic at the FT line.

Sure, he's got to have a few minutes a game to get some rest, but if I'm CAJ I ride Kira as far as he can take the team. IMO, he's the one player that can get this team deeper into March with what seems to be an improving team around him.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I know Kira can't play the whole game, every game, but I see no signs he hasn't adjusted to the game at this level (which is incredible when you think about it...should be playing HS ball in the Huntsville area right now).

He's got 3 things you can't teach:

1. He's 17.
2. He's got speed to burn (probably not as fast as Sexton) but Kira is much, much more efficient and smooth and I think he can "get it done" with less effort than Sexton, who needed regular breathers. I mean, Kira looks like he's not even trying he's so smooth.
3. He's just got natural skills that can't be taught. His shooting stroke is pure and he easily gets to the rim and is practically automatic at the FT line.

Sure, he's got to have a few minutes a game to get some rest, but if I'm CAJ I ride Kira as far as he can take the team. IMO, he's the one player that can get this team deeper into March with what seems to be an improving team around him.
Another way to look at it - ride him to a top 4 seed in the conference tournament, and he'll have plenty of time to rest. :wink:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.