Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax faces second sexual assault allegation - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame seebell's Avatar

Re: Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax faces second sexual assault allegation

Civility Webinar:

http://www.thc.texas.gov/news-events...time%E2%80%99s

Imagine a work environment where all communications and interactions were conducted in a civil and respectful manner. Co-workers and customers would be treated respectfully on a consistent basis. There would be no place for harassment, discrimination, bullying, workplace violence, unethical actions, or other disrespectful and potentially illegal behaviors.

I believe President Trump is the guest speaker!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

I saw on the news this morning that the guy who was going to introduce articles of impeachment against Fairfax isnít going forward with it.

I would have a problem voting to impeach him unless the charges are proven or at least hearing from his accusers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame seebell's Avatar

Fairfax Accuser: I Was Raped by NBA Star Corey Maggette

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fairfa...corey-maggette

Meredith Watson—one of the two women who have accused Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax of sexual assault—says she was raped by former Duke University and NBA basketball star Corey Maggette. Watson alleges, through her attorney, that Maggette raped her during her sophomore year at Duke.

To me, the grain of salt has become bigger.
    Should a career be ruined over an unproven allegation? I think not.
    Last edited by seebell; February 12th, 2019 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by seebell View Post

Fairfax Accuser: I Was Raped by NBA Star Corey Maggette

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fairfa...corey-maggette

Meredith Watson—one of the two women who have accused Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax of sexual assault—says she was raped by former Duke University and NBA basketball star Corey Maggette. Watson alleges, through her attorney, that Maggette raped her during her sophomore year at Duke.

To me, the grain of salt has become bigger.
    Should a career be ruined over an unproven allegation? I think not.
    Either she has really bad luck or...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

ďI would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.Ē Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation All-American CrimsonNagus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seebell View Post
    [h=1][SIZE=3]Should a career be ruined over an unproven allegation? I think not.

Why were these questions not thrown out there when all the Hollywood allegations started coming out? Peopleís careers were over the second they were reported, and many of the claims have still not been proven. Why all the caution all of a sudden?

FB|BB Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonNagus View Post
    Why were these questions not thrown out there when all the Hollywood allegations started coming out? People’s careers were over the second they were reported, and many of the claims have still not been proven. Why all the caution all of a sudden?
    I've been pretty consistent all along no matter the name or affiliation of the accused, as have most here.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonNagus View Post
    Why were these questions not thrown out there when all the Hollywood allegations started coming out? People’s careers were over the second they were reported, and many of the claims have still not been proven. Why all the caution all of a sudden?
    IIRC, there has always been two camps for the most part.

Typically the loudest bullhorn is held by those with the biggest agenda.

And the beat goes on......

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    Ya think?

Seriously, I've given consideration to the exact same thought: It's awfully convenient that the three people ahead of a R are under fire right now - regardless of the merit of the charges (not to diminish the importance of same).

This is the problem I have with some of the movements (metoo, anti-racism, and so on): There is a (sometimes reasonable) outrage that leads to demanding the destruction of careers over past mistakes and wrongs and at times with little to no evidence the accusations are true. Some are saying we should just believe the accuser without reservation/validate their story. Well, let's first consider the very definition of "validate" and that absent truth there is no worth to the story and that because of multiple reasons for people to lie, man or woman, credence cannot simply be given without consideration.

What Republicans are doing is taking the very weaknesses in the social justice movements they criticize (again, sometimes rightly so) and weaponizing those very things against their opposition even as they insulate themselves against it. It is shrewd, ruthless, and brilliant from a political perspective; but it is also rude, insensitive, and has potential to backfire.

But let's not pretend Democrats haven't done the same thing; faking concern (in some cases) while maximizing the political impact to R's whenever possible (not to say that is true of everyone, but I'm quite cynical for good reason).

Meanwhile, when we could use opportunities to learn and grow and bridge divides we tend to drive that wedge further in and learn little to nothing other than "hide your past and your real thoughts" if you want to achieve/maintain success.

Even my (I feel) rational discussion above would be reason for some to want bad things to happen to me. There has to be a better way.

Whether it's the vehicle of religion, politics, or any other social platform that someone chooses. More times than not, the platform on which they are standing isn't the reason they are so passionately and relentlessly fighting. There is some personal gain they are actually pursuing. Follow the trail of potential money and/or power to be gained, and you'll exponentially increase your chances of finding the truth.
    Last edited by Bamabuzzard; February 12th, 2019 at 12:31 PM.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    IIRC, there has always been two camps for the most part.

Typically the loudest bullhorn is held by those with the biggest agenda.

And the beat goes on......
    who are the two camps in this situation, and who is wielding the loudest bullhorn?
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    who are the two camps in this situation, and who is wielding the loudest bullhorn?
    Thought it would be obvious.

One camp wants to immediate behead the accused....the other camp wants to wait until an investigation takes place.

Bullhorn goes to both camps - depending on their agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Either she has really bad luck or...
    Or what? Please don't leave us hanging!

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    Thought it would be obvious.

One camp wants to immediate behead the accused....the other camp wants to wait until an investigation takes place.

Bullhorn goes to both camps - depending on their agenda.
    there is some obvious stuff, but it is not the simplistic framework you are proposing
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    there is some obvious stuff, but it is not the simplistic framework you are proposing
    You are right - and I agree.

There's always the "in between" - I should have included that too.