One Of The Biggest At-Home DNA Testing Companies Is Working With The FBI

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Saw it on World News Tonight.

They didn't explain in the segment how they knew to follow him to the stadium and retrieve the napkin though.

From the article:

At a news conference last week, Mike Freeman, the Hennepin County attorney, did not specify which service investigators had used, but said that “it was a genealogy company you see advertised on TV.”
A break came last year, when investigators entered DNA from the crime scene into genealogy websites and identified two possible suspects. One of the suspects, Mr. Westrom, had lived in the Twin Cities area in the early 1990s and had been convicted of soliciting prostitution in 2016, the probable cause statement said.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Yah, initially they made it sound like they asked for a specific sample, but it's becoming obvious that they compared the sample to the entire library. Whether or not the feds had access (aka a copy) of the database is the question.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'm not sure, at this point, that it makes much difference if anyone submits his/her individual DNA voluntarily or not. Way over a thousand of my relatives have submitted to both 23 and Ancestry. Even if a minority check the share block, then all that's left to do if for the LEOs to collect mine, which is usually child's play. The Golden State serial killer hadn't ever submitted his DNA voluntarily to any company...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.