Ole Miss Vacates 33 Wins In Wake Of NCAA Investigation

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
Only at Ole Miss do they tell men what to wear at games. Where's the ladies version? Or do we want them to keep on keeping on like they are known to do in The Grove?

ddsmit

Suspended
Jan 3, 2003
Pensacola, FL
Nope, vacated wins just mean that no one officially won the game. they are pointless but here we are.

fun fact FSU vacated the 2007 win over bama, who if we had won that game, would also have had to vacate it. Its actually best we all vacate that game from our memories, unfortunately I attended that one is person.
Pointless fits the NCAA to a T. About all they're good for is to make up more stupid rules in the offseason.

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
The AD over there made some comment along the lines of "it's just paper. Everyone saw the games." Man, this came across really arrogant to me, and makes the NCAA look like a joke, and tells me that Ole Miss still doesn't take compliance seriously. Two thoughts about that: one is, why should anyone take compliance seriously? UNC basketball got off scott free, Ole Miss got hammered decent, then the NCAA gave them some of it back. Missouri got hit pretty hard for tutor-gate week before last, and they paid pretty close attention to the NCAA requests. Auburn got away with murder for Cam Newton, though no bodies were found. :D

Second thought is that I don't feel there would be any retribution for Alabama had our school done HALF of what Ole Miss or Missouri or UNC did. If we had been embroiled in questions the way Auburn was over Cam Newton, I feel certain we would have been on multi-year bowl ban.

And let's not even touch what Penn State went through, the penalties they were originally dealt, and how the NCAA walked back much of that too.
Why anyone takes the NCAA seriously any more is beyond me. Same goes for Roger Godell.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
While we’re keeping score at home, speaking of Mississippi schools, the Rogers guy that was shopping $cam around was a business associate of Bo Jackson. He, Bo Jackson, was the “Bag Man” for the barn. The NCAA knew it as well as Slive. The bad pub for both was something all entities couldn’t stomach. Please tell me why you don’t believe that. $180,000 to play at State. Went to au for free? lol

Last edited:

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
IMO, if Ole Miss had to vacate the wins, the teams they had beaten should be able to vacate the losses. The wins didn't happen for them...the losses should not happen for those that were 'victimized'. We all know what happened on the field. Should Ole Miss be given the satisfaction of knowing that, although they can't show on their record that they won, they can still point to the other team's record as a loss to them. Or, am I missing, or misinterpreting, something?

ROLL TIDE!

Last edited:

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
You're not missing anything...welcome to the NCAA...
IMO, if Ole Miss had to vacate the wins, the teams they had beaten should be able to vacate the losses. The wins didn't happen for them...the losses should not happen for those that were 'victimized'. We all know what happened on the field. Should Ole Miss be given the satisfaction of knowing that, although they can't show on their record that they won, they can still point to the other team's record as a loss to them. Or, am I missing, or misinterpreting, something?

ROLL TIDE!

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea

ROLL TIDE!
As a Rebel fan told me, the wins may be vacated, but you can't unbeat that (euphemism for posterior).

Vacated wins are about as useful as tits on a boar hog. The NCAA's way of saying, "Had enough?!?!?!"

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
As a Rebel fan told me, the wins may be vacated, but you can't unbeat that (euphemism for posterior)."

Which has me wondering (and I know there some very smart people on here that will know the answer quickly), did any of the games Bama has had to forfeit, or vacate, happen to be one 'Ole Miss Rebels'?

ROLL TIDE!

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I wonder when and why the NCAA switched from forfeits (where a loss becomes a win for the other team) to vacates, where the other team's record is unchanged.

PaulD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2006
near Perry, Georgia, United States
I wonder when and why the NCAA switched from forfeits (where a loss becomes a win for the other team) to vacates, where the other team's record is unchanged.
I think it was in the mid 1990s and I believe the idea was that the other team shouldn’t “benefit” by getting a win that way. Losses are rarely vacated except for post-season losses, especially in tournaments like in basketball. The entire participation, wins and losses, gets vacated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think it was in the mid 1990s and I believe the idea was that the other team shouldn’t “benefit” by getting a win that way. Losses are rarely vacated except for post-season losses, especially in tournaments like in basketball. The entire participation, wins and losses, gets vacated.
One of the few things that the NCAA got right. You cannot reverse a win or loss on the field. One team earned the win, the other did not. Vacating wins goes too far, IMO, but giving a team a win in a game which they lost is absurd.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Some of these rules makes me wonder. When I used to work the punishment for missing too many days work was three days off without pay.:rolleyes::conf3: There were those who would miss too many days just so they could get three more days off. Go figure.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.