Game Thread: Roll Tide! Paint the Maroons Crimson!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Last two games we beat the 2 worse teams in the league who only had 1 conference win between them (UGA 1-10 and Vandy 0-10 in SEC). Then we play a team with a pulse and get blown out by 20. I at least expected us to be competitive in this game. MSU was 4-6 in conference coming into this game so it's not like we were playing an elite team. Another must win game vs UF coming up on Saturday at Coleman..

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
We're a fringe tournament team. Every game is important in regards to our tournament chances..
Not denying that. But this was a "season" turner for State. After losing 2 straight at home -- if they dropped a third, they were in bad shape for the last 7 games...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Couple of additional thoughts:

1. Johnson Jr. hurts us alot more than he helps us. I get he may be allowing Kira to get a breather, but he played way too much last night. He's NO offensive threat and he's actually a turnover waiting to happen when he drives into the lane, as he so often does. Which leades to...

2. We overpass the ball at times. Most coaches want to see a few passes in a motion offense but we overpass on a regular basis even to the point of turning down open shots from 3 and even in the lane to make an extra pass. Also, not only do we overpass but we have lazy passes. We pass when passing lanes are clogged and then they are lazy, soft passes. Dazon has gotten better at shooting but he's so careless with the pass along with Herb Jones who is a turnoever/lazy pass waiting to happen. Kira, who normally is not turnover prone, wanted to get involved last night too.

3. Bonus: I said in an post yesterday that John Petty can't just disappear and then reappear with a random 30 point game. Well, he decided to disappear again last night.

Just a terrible performance by basically everybody: coaches, players and the waterboys.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
This deep in the season I expected more consistent play from this team. I really didn’t expect to win playing in the Hump and MSU really needing a win to improve their tournament chances.
However the way we continue to lose road games to the better teams in the conference is discouraging.
The turnovers are absolutely ridiculous. It’s like we leave our brains in Tuscaloosa when hit the road.

RammaJamma10

1st Team
Dec 5, 2006
Harvest, AL
We had a bad game. It happens. For the most part, this team has bounced back from poor performances. The turnovers were frustrating, but as others have said Miss St. was playing for their lives. It's hard to win on the road, and we ran into a desperate team that forced us into a ton of bad decisions.

The bright side? At least we aren't Louisville fans this morning.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
We're a fringe tournament team. Every game is important in regards to our tournament chances..
No doubt every game is important, cant see them getting in unless they win the rest of the home games for sure which is no guarantee, and they may need to steal one or two on the road. If they do slip in though they better play better then they did last night and at the barn if not they won't be dancing long.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
No doubt every game is important, cant see them getting in unless they win the rest of the home games for sure which is no guarantee, and they may need to steal one or two on the road. If they do slip in though they better play better then they did last night and at the barn if not they won't be dancing long.
Auburn comes to us for the next one

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
NET ranking for the teams left on the schedule:

Florida: 42
@ A&M: 82
Vandy: 125
@ USCe: 100
LSU: 14
Auburn: 20
@ Arkansas: 63

Alabama currently has a 43 NET ranking. The only real affordable losses would be LSU or Auburn. The rest could pose a problem.

If you were wondering, State was 29 before last night and moved up to 27.

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
This game was HUGE for State.....the played like it. This game wasn't big for Bama, and they played like it.
SO TRUE! Only problem is that if Bama picks and chooses which game to actually play hard in, they will wind up in the NIT again.

So much of this is the "the will to win" that seems to be missing. TOs are lack of focus. Lack of rebounding is DESIRE. These components are individuals WANTING TO DO SO.

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama

Alabama currently has a 43 NET ranking. The only real affordable losses would be LSU or Auburn. The rest could pose a problem.

Arkansas, Florida and aTm all look like problems to me with this inconsistent play.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Vandy is 0-10 in the league and is still near the top third in the country?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

On paper we should win the next 4 games, then lose to LSU and hopefully split AU and Arkansas. I just don't have confidence we can win the next 4 in a row especially with 2 of them being on the road. We'd have to show marked improvement from recent outings. That's why the loss to State was devastating and does matter. If we had won that game then we'd have some wiggle room. I don't think we do now. If we lose any of the next 4 I think we're out..

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
On paper we should win the next 4 games, then lose to LSU and hopefully split AU and Arkansas. I just don't have confidence we can win the next 4 in a row especially with 2 of them being on the road. We'd have to show marked improvement from recent outings. That's why the loss to State was devastating and does matter. If we had won that game then we'd have some wiggle room. I don't think we do now. If we lose any of the next 4 I think we're out..
Think we have a good shot at getting LSU or Auburn. But you’re right, need to win these next 4. Man how nice it’d be if we still had Justin Coleman

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Other teams floating around Bama's NET rating will be winning and losing games along the way as well; hoping one in particular loses on Saturday (hint: #42). There is no way to know how it all works out when Bama loses a game or wins a game but the best option is to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.