Bracketology - Big Dance Predictions - Thread

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
This is probably an unpopular opinion but at this point I don't think we make the tournament. We would have to sweep the next 4 games (UF, at A&M, Vandy and at USC) then probably win at least 1 of the 3 against LSU, AU and at Arkansas. The way we're playing right now I just don't have a lot of faith that we can put together 4 strong performances in a row. Of course the SEC tournament is the wild card because we could win a few games in the tournament like last year and play ourselves in that way..
Not so sure that I agree here. I think just 4 more wins total gets us in the tournament. 19 wins and then even just 1 in the SEC Tourney (I don’t think we necessarily need that) We Have a good strength of schedule, plus are top 10, maybe even 5 in the nation in number of Quad 1 and Quad 2 wins. We have a good SOS. 19 wins and I think we are in. Now I do agree with everyone in here that I’m tired of the bubble watch as well, but we aren’t as in as of a shape as you think we are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Not so sure that I agree here. I think just 4 more wins total gets us in the tournament. 19 wins and then even just 1 in the SEC Tourney (I don’t think we necessarily need that) We Have a good strength of schedule, plus are top 10, maybe even 5 in the nation in number of Quad 1 and Quad 2 wins. We have a good SOS. 19 wins and I think we are in. Now I do agree with everyone in here that I’m tired of the bubble watch as well, but we aren’t as in as of a shape as you think we are.

I agree. I think with out Q1 record we can sneak in as a low seed assuming we beat Florida Saturday. It also assumes we beat A&M and Vandy. I think this is essentially a play in game. The pecking order in the SEC will be critical.

Here is the remaining schedule:
Florida Win
A&M Win
Vandy Win
Carolina Toss up
LSU loss- but it will be close.
Auburn win- I think we avenge our loss there, but not convincingly
Arkansas loss we could very well win this game, but Gafford is a horse. I think we'll struggle with him.
This leaves us at 19-12 or 20-11 depending on the Carolina game going into the SEC tournament. Assuming this holds true, I think we are in.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Man I hope you're right because I really want us to make it. We could win a few games in the NCAA tournament depending on the matchups. I'm just skeptical that we can put together enough good performances over these last 7 games. It will also depend on how all the other bubble teams perform..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Man I hope you're right because I really want us to make it. We could win a few games in the NCAA tournament depending on the matchups. I'm just skeptical that we can put together enough good performances over these last 7 games. It will also depend on how all the other bubble teams perform and how the conference tournaments go..
FIFY

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
I guess with the league being as good as it is did not hurt us. We can't afford another one.
Fortunately for us, this is one of the weakest bubbles there has been in a long time. Heck, y’all remember in 2004, the year that we went to the elite 8, we were an 8 seed with only 18 regular season wins. If we finish 19-12, we are dancing. Next year, I expect us NOT to be in this position, and to be a lock early on in the season.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Looks like I was wrong...again. Very frustrating.

Next time I mention a discrepancy in someone's rankings and how Bama is better than a team ranked higher, someone needs to punch the HaHa! button on me.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
I understand people being optimistic about the tournament it is what it is and you would like
to see Bama in.I really don't think there is a chance Bama makes it in personally, I would love to be wrong about that. .But say they do sneak in, in all likelyhood they are 1 and done so how great is that in reality?Bama is average at best and will continue to be that way until changes are made. I like Avery he is a good guy and draws talent to the school ,and he was a good coach in the NBA. I just dont think he has what it takes to be a successful college coach.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Right now, Lunardi still has Alabama in the tournament. Shows how weak the overall product is nation wide.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The Florida loss doesn’t look as bad after tonight. Not that it really means anything at this point.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.