Bracketology - Big Dance Predictions - Thread

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
Can you imagine what this year's tourney would look like if they had expanded it to 96, or one of those larger numbers that was being talked about before they settled on 68?

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
We are starting to have a strong resemblance to VD......we are never completely gone, only show up from time to time, and realize that abstinence is the only real answer when playing against someone that's hot.
STDs and basketball!:eek: You one profound son-of-a-gun!!:biggrin:

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Oh great! A play in game and then play a #1 seed?

What? I thought the "play in" was for 16 seeds. A new one on me.
There have been 4 “play in games” for about 7 or 8 years now. They play two games between 16 seeds and then they play 2 games between the last 4 at larges in the field. Like I said, they’ve been doing this for quite a while now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Alabama basketball's bracket standing after South Carolina win

Alabama has a combined 19 games against Q1 and Q2 opposition which is tied for the second-most in the SEC. Meanwhile, the Tide has played just six games against Quadrant 3 teams (5-1) and three games against Quadrant 4 teams (3-0). The number of Q4 opponents is tied for the lowest number among all SEC schools (tied with LSU).

Another tool that is a little easier to decipher is bracketology, and per CBS Sports’ Jerry Palm, Alabama is now considered a No. 11 seed following its latest win. ESPN bracketologist Joe Lunardi agrees and has the Tide as an 11 seed in his updated bracket. As of Thursday, the Crimson Tide was featured on 108 of BracketMatrix.com’s 122 compiled brackets nationally.
For those that have wondered why fans continue to mention the possibility of the tournament, the bolded sentence is why.

Last edited:

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Anytime you lose at home by 17 points to a 13-10 team at the time it is a very bad loss.
The Florida loss doesn’t look as bad after tonight. Not that it really means anything at this point.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Anytime you lose at home by 17 points to a 13-10 team at the time it is a very bad loss.
Thanks for coming by to let us all know the negatives.

Seriously, we all know the Florida loss was bad. After the last two weeks, it doesn’t look *as* bad.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Thanks for coming by to let us all know the negatives.

Seriously, we all know the Florida loss was bad. After the last two weeks, it doesn’t look *as* bad.

It seems like the only time the basketball page gets popular is when all the negatives come out of hiding. We win a big road game and there wasn’t even enough interest for a post game thread.

I’m not happy about the way certain things have happened this season, but we still have a good shot at making the tournament in back to back years for the first time in over a decade. It would be nice to have some really good actual basketball conversation in here.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
UCF beat Houston today. Pretty much locks a bid for UCF. It also helps Alabama’s resume.

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
Lunardi's latest bracketology is out. As of now, he has Bama hanging in there by a thread, playing a play-in game against TCU for the 12 seed. We're up to a 6.
I really don't understand it. It was either Wimp or Barry that said on their show this morning that a team with 15 losses shouldn't be in the NCAA tournament, and I agree with them. 15 losses is a possibility for us this season.

This is the year that more mid-majors should get in the tournament even if they don't win their conference tournament. Teams like Belmont, Murray State, Jax St. from the OVC, and Lipscomb and Liberty from the A-Sun should get in this year. One of those teams could make a run like Loyola did last year.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Lunardi's latest bracketology is out. As of now, he has Bama hanging in there by a thread, playing a play-in game against TCU for the 12 seed. We're up to a 6.
Alabama is not in right now. Lunardi must be counting on a few wins in the SEC Tournament. Nothing else makes sense.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.