Bracketology - Big Dance Predictions - Thread - Page 5
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team

Re: Bracketology - Big Dance Predictions - Thread

Anytime you lose at home by 17 points to a 13-10 team at the time it is a very bad loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    The Florida loss doesn’t look as bad after tonight. Not that it really means anything at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ptw1961 View Post
    Anytime you lose at home by 17 points to a 13-10 team at the time it is a very bad loss.
    Thanks for coming by to let us all know the negatives.

Seriously, we all know the Florida loss was bad. After the last two weeks, it doesn’t look *as* bad.

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Thanks for coming by to let us all know the negatives.

Seriously, we all know the Florida loss was bad. After the last two weeks, it doesn’t look *as* bad.

It seems like the only time the basketball page gets popular is when all the negatives come out of hiding. We win a big road game and there wasn’t even enough interest for a post game thread.

I’m not happy about the way certain things have happened this season, but we still have a good shot at making the tournament in back to back years for the first time in over a decade. It would be nice to have some really good actual basketball conversation in here.

BamaNation All-American ReturnToGlory's Avatar

I think it was the way we lost to Florida that was the thing. Losing to them in and of itself isn't as terrible as losing 2 times to aTm.

UCF beat Houston today. Pretty much locks a bid for UCF. It also helps Alabama’s resume.

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."

Lunardi's latest bracketology is out. As of now, he has Bama hanging in there by a thread, playing a play-in game against TCU for the 12 seed. We're up to a 6.
    Just a barner.

Confirms my school isn't listed

The scumbags! Death penalty for all the cheaters!

Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    Lunardi's latest bracketology is out. As of now, he has Bama hanging in there by a thread, playing a play-in game against TCU for the 12 seed. We're up to a 6.
    I really don't understand it. It was either Wimp or Barry that said on their show this morning that a team with 15 losses shouldn't be in the NCAA tournament, and I agree with them. 15 losses is a possibility for us this season.

This is the year that more mid-majors should get in the tournament even if they don't win their conference tournament. Teams like Belmont, Murray State, Jax St. from the OVC, and Lipscomb and Liberty from the A-Sun should get in this year. One of those teams could make a run like Loyola did last year.
    "If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them." - As Candidus in the Boston Gazette, January 20, 1772

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    Alabama is not in right now. Lunardi must be counting on a few wins in the SEC Tournament. Nothing else makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Alabama is not in right now. Lunardi must be counting on a few wins in the SEC Tournament. Nothing else makes sense.
    All of the bracketologists do their bracket “as if the season ended today”, not their prediction. About 95% of the bracketologists still have Alabama in the bracket today. Jerry Palm still has them as one of the last four byes (avoiding one of the play in games)

You have to remember that this is literally the worst bubble in recent memory. TCU is 6-11 in conference play right now and they are still in. Just making the tournament this year is not much of an accomplishment. But 68 teams have to make it. Somebody has to be in their and Alabama’s numbers are still not horrid.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMike05 View Post
    All of the bracketologists do their bracket “as if the season ended today”, not their prediction. About 95% of the bracketologists still have Alabama in the bracket today. Jerry Palm still has them as one of the last four byes (avoiding one of the play in games)

You have to remember that this is literally the worst bubble in recent memory. TCU is 6-11 in conference play right now and they are still in. Just making the tournament this year is not much of an accomplishment. But 68 teams have to make it. Somebody has to be in their and Alabama’s numbers are still not horrid.

We are one of only 4 teams that beat Kentucky. I don't know if Alabama will get in or not, but i do know one thing - if we don't get better at shooting and get better at free throws, it won't matter much anyway. And don't get me started on turnovers.....we need to work on fundamentals, a lot, it seems.
    JUST WIN
    ------------------------------------------------------
    “It’s not the will to win that matters – everyone has that. It’s the will to prepare to win that matters.” - Paul W "Bear" Bryant
    "Aight" - Nick Saban

Where Alabama’s NCAA tournament hopes stand

CBS Sports doesn’t even have Alabama in the last-four-in category in their bracket projection updated Wednesday morning. Its expert, Jerry Palm, has Avery Johnson’s team a No. 11 seed in the South Region.

A majority of the projections on bracketmatrx.com updated in the last day still have the Tide making the field. The range of seeding forecasts range from 10 to 13 in this survey of bracket predictions.
    -- Coach Bryant

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

LOL - looking around and right now Alabama and Ohio State are in. When teams this weak get into the tournament, it really shows us how much a sham it really is. It isn't about getting the best teams in any more with a field this large - it is about filling a bracket and making money.

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    LOL - looking around and right now Alabama and Ohio State are in. When teams this weak get into the tournament, it really shows us how much a sham it really is. It isn't about getting the best teams in any more with a field this large - it is about filling a bracket and making money.
    While that is true, I'm not complaining because there have been times Alabama was pretty deserving and didn't get invited.
    -- Coach Bryant