Bracketology - Big Dance Predictions - Thread

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Sorry guys - I think you should have gotten in myself.

I hope you tear it up in the NIT!
Likely a first round loss like the last 2 times Avery took us there. At this point if Byrne fires Avery which I hear is 99% decided, why even accept the NIT bid? Listening to Hall’s comments, the team doesn’t care. Ready for a new coach to come in and blow the thing up. Depending on who comes in, would not be surprised to see our signees try to get out of their LOI’s and we see 2 or 3 decide to transfer.

While I will support the guys, attend a game or two and watch the rest on TV, we better give the next coach some slack because we are going to be Vandy (0-18) bad in the SEC next year.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
I think we see multiple 12 seeds advancing at least one round.
We got a tough as hell draw for game 1. After playing 4 in 4 days, we travel to SLC for a Thursday game in high altitude, against a 30 win team that usually plays at high altitude.

Then we get Kansas, followed by UNC if we get by them (doable), then likely UK for the final 4 if we by the grace of God get by UNC. Jeez.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
We had like 5 opportunities to make it and choked every time. I still don't think we fire coach Johnson. I think he has to leave on his own. Just waiting on the not invited tourney show.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
We got a tough as hell draw for game 1. After playing 4 in 4 days, we travel to SLC for a Thursday game in high altitude, against a 30 win team that usually plays at high altitude.

Then we get Kansas, followed by UNC if we get by them (doable), then likely UK for the final 4 if we by the grace of God get by UNC. Jeez.
Why are you assuming you will get Kansas? The way this year has gone, I would not be surprised if there were multiple upsets.

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
And there you have it. Win against Arky the last game and a win versus the Barn or Florida at home and we are in.

Best analogy of Alabama’s season from a friend at church this morning -“At times we played like group of teenagers after a all night rave on blotter acid and mad dog 20/20.”
Since you brought it up (didn't know if the mods would be okay with such an inference), I'll add a theory I've had. I've honestly looked at a few of our players wandering around during games asking myself: "How much of a certain leafy "supplement" have you consumed in the last 48 hours?" It wasn't a joke; it was a serious question.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL

Tough draw. I feel like the SEC as a whole was shafted with neither UK nor UT getting a #1 seed when teams they defeated did.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
If you cannot be one of the top 66 teams in America, then you should not be rewarded with a "participation trophy" that is the N.I.T.
The problem I have with this mindset is it is usually from the perspective of the fan.....not the team.

College sports should be about the young student athletes who do the competing.

I fully understand how important it is to have fans....and how invested fans are to their teams and programs.

But let's try to look at things from the player's standpoint.

I bet they would rather be in the NCAAT too - but I doubt you will find any who wouldn't still want to go to the NIT. Just my 2 cents...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
If you cannot be one of the top 66 teams in America, then you should not be rewarded with a "participation trophy" that is the N.I.T.
Hear me out - just because a team is in the ncaa tournament doesn’t necessarily mean it is one of the best 68 teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Just wondering who will be back next year.
I would not be surprised to see Ingram go as a grad transfer IF he can graduate in May or over the summer. I also expect Reese, Smith and possibly Petty to transfer even though they’d have to sit out a year.

Giddens went through Sr Day so, I expect he is gone as well.

I just hope KL does not have any idea of going somewhere. If he did, next year our scholarship players would be Mack, Jones, Davis-Fleming coming off of a knee injury and Diante Wood along with our 3 incoming recruits. If we fire Avery, we might lose some of the incoming recruits.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.