Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    Can’t view on phone. Please explain.
    Graphic SECN showed earlier today.

Entering the SECT the last two seasons:

17-14
    8-10
    T-9th in conference
    Lost 5 and 3 to end each respective season
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation All-American BamaHoosier's Avatar

Bracketology - Big Dance Predictions - Thread

I knew we weren’t completely out of the tournament conversation, but we needed a lot of help with the way the season ended. However, the way things are falling into place, we might have a chance regardless of the result tomorrow. For those not keeping track, here is where we stood going into the day:

Last 4 In:
    Florida - Beat Arkansas. This is good though. The Gators advancing only helps the strength of the conference, as well as decreases the impact of our loss to them. It most likely gets them off the bubble and into the dance.
    NC State - lost to UVA, and badly. They have 22 wins, and picked up a win yesterday against Clemson. They are probably safe, but losing as badly as they did against UVA might knock them back a bit.
    TCU - Lost to KSt. not a bad loss, but it didn’t solidify them as a tournament lock either.
    Texas - Lost to Kansas. They were in this position due to a hot finish. However today they looked poor against a battered Jayhawks squad. Losing also knocks them to 16-16, and no .500 team is making the tourney. Stick a fork in ‘em, this brisket is done.

Last 4 Out:
    Ohio State - Beat Indiana. Probably locked up a spot unless they get destroyed by Michigan State
    Indiana - lost to Ohio State. Same as Texas, losing today makes them a .500 team. They are out of contention.
    Clemson - Lost to NC State yesterday. For a bubble team on the outside looking in, you can’t lose day 1 of your tournament. Clemson doesn’t have a spectacular resume, so they are out of contention as well.

And that leaves us. Texas was widely considered in and they blew it. Florida likely moves up off the last 4, also opening a spot. That leaves two spots open for us and Ohio State to slide in. We aren’t out of the woods yet, and we can’t get destroyed by Kentucky. Still, the chips have fallen in our favor and that means that hope remains.

Roll Tide!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BamaHoosier; March 14th, 2019 at 11:19 PM.
    Formerly BamaBomber

Re: Bracketology - Big Dance Predictions - Thread

Lunardi still has Alabama in the first four out group. NC State and TCU are still listed as last four in, too. A win today would seem to guarantee a spot, but Kentucky has knocked Alabama out of the SEC Tournament the last three years (Avery is 6-0 against everyone else in SECT).
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."

-- Coach Bryant

BamaNation All-SEC

Makes sense ... glad to see they stuck with it last night. Hopefully the game against KY will be one that they get up for ad just leave it all on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by BAMAVILLE View Post
    Makes sense ... glad to see they stuck with it last night. Hopefully the game against KY will be one that they get up for ad just leave it all on the court.
    Jerry Palm has us as currently one of the last 4 in. Delphi Bracketology (ranked the top over the last few years) has us as one of the last 4 in. Lunardi is actually one of the only ones that has us out. A win would absolutely get us in, but I think we are going to be the last team in, barring a stolen bid in one of the major tournaments.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

I do think a “tough loss” will weigh differently than a blow out would.

Petty Mack Norris and Dazon need to be hot.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMike05 View Post
    Jerry Palm has us as currently one of the last 4 in. Delphi Bracketology (ranked the top over the last few years) has us as one of the last 4 in. Lunardi is actually one of the only ones that has us out. A win would absolutely get us in, but I think we are going to be the last team in, barring a stolen bid in one of the major tournaments.

My go to is Warren Nolan, and they still have Bama in as of now. Strangely enough, comfortably in.
    Just a barner.

Auburn is now #1 on KenPom in luck.

What if Florida loses? Are they still in?
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

I don't buy Belmont getting in either. Their SOS is 200?!?!!?
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

Well, that VCU loss may have just knocked us out unless we win tonight.

Michigan State beat Ohio State, which helps.
    -- Coach Bryant

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Memphis is playing their tournament in their home. Was going to say home court but the floor is the American Conference floor for this event. I don't know if they have a shot without winning the tournament, maybe, but then they also have a shot of winning the tournament playing at home.