Bracketology - Big Dance Predictions - Thread

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Hey all -- since I hunger for this stuff....and I can't always locate it in other threads....I was hoping to have a thread with predictions from the "experts" at different sites. I know we have a Polls/rankings thread..... but since we are getting closer to Dancing....I'd like to have updated predictions all in one place.

Latest Bracketology - as of 2/12/19 - 10:37am

Bama a 10 Seed

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology?&year=2019&wjb=

Last edited by a moderator:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I think we finish 5-3 and end up 20-11 and are a #9 seed. TBH, I think every game we have is winnable but this team on the road is so unpredictable.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
That's the 4-5th projection I've seen with us up against Buffalo. Not sure why.....

If we make it to 4th in conference at the end -- we'd end up a 7-8 seed...
I’ll take anything, but I would rather be a 10 seed than an 8 or 9. I don’t want any part of taking the chance at getting matched up in Duke’s region for a second round game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I’ll take anything, but I would rather be a 10 seed than an 8 or 9. I don’t want any part of taking the chance at getting matched up in Duke’s region for a second round game.

Our best year ever was as an 8 seed.

Out Sweet 16 years:

1976, 1982, 1985, 1986, 1987*, 1990, 1991, 2004

1982 - 4 Seed
1985 - 7 Seed
1986 - 5 Seed
1987 - 2 Seed
1990 - 7 Seed
1991 - 4 Seed
2004 - 8 Seed (Elite 8)

Our best trips have come when we were out west OR in the midwest.....

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Our best year ever was as an 8 seed.

Out Sweet 16 years:

1976, 1982, 1985, 1986, 1987*, 1990, 1991, 2004

1982 - 4 Seed
1985 - 7 Seed
1986 - 5 Seed
1987 - 2 Seed
1990 - 7 Seed
1991 - 4 Seed
2004 - 8 Seed (Elite 8)

Our best trips have come when we were out west OR in the midwest.....
I’m well aware of our basketball history lol. I would still rather not have to face Duke in the second round. We were fortunate that we matched up well with Stanford and Syracuse that year. We don’t match up well with Duke at all. That’s what I’m saying. I think we match up fine with any of the projected 2 seeds. I just don’t think we do with Duke or Gonzaga. That’s why I said give me 7/10 or even 11 before 8/9.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
Let's just get there..... to start with.
Or since we’re already in really good shape to make it as long as we don’t collapse, we can actually work on improving our seed to higher than the 8 range. Team is improving man and I think we can start looking at how far we can go depending on how much more we improve until then. We’ll find out more tonight like others have said

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I’m well aware of our basketball history lol. I would still rather not have to face Duke in the second round. We were fortunate that we matched up well with Stanford and Syracuse that year. We don’t match up well with Duke at all. That’s what I’m saying. I think we match up fine with any of the projected 2 seeds. I just don’t think we do with Duke or Gonzaga. That’s why I said give me 7/10 or even 11 before 8/9.

I'd much prefer to be an 8 than a 10 or 11.......I realize how the bracket falls, but at some point you have to play a 1 seed.....might as well take one out early, when they may be overconfident. Hitting them later in the tournament when they are hitting their stride stinks. PLUS -- if you take out the 1 -- you get a 4 or 5 next..... much better than being a 10 then hitting a 2 seed, and a 3 seed on the way out....

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
I'd much prefer to be an 8 than a 10 or 11.......I realize how the bracket falls, but at some point you have to play a 1 seed.....might as well take one out early, when they may be overconfident. Hitting them later in the tournament when they are hitting their stride stinks. PLUS -- if you take out the 1 -- you get a 4 or 5 next..... much better than being a 10 then hitting a 2 seed, and a 3 seed on the way out....
I don’t mind playing a 1 in any other year. I’m specifically talking Duke or Gonzaga this year. I don’t think we would have any shot at either of those teams. By rule, we can’t be in the same bracket with UT in the first 2 rounds. I would be intrigued by a potential matchup with UVA. Although we might have 1,000 turnovers vs them. I’m specifically talking this year, not any other year.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Jay Bilas' 1-68 college basketball rankings ... Tiers on Valentine's Day

Tier one: National championship favorites

2. Tennessee Volunteers
If you don't like one-and-done-led teams, then you should love Tennessee. This is an old-school team that has grown up together and is reaping the benefits of being a veteran group. The Vols are shooting better than 52 percent from the field in SEC play, and Grant Williams is living at the free throw line. Tennessee's games against Kentucky will decide the SEC race. The Wildcats will continue to get better as the end nears. There is reason to believe Tennessee will continue to get better, too.

5. Kentucky Wildcats
Don't be too concerned about the loss to LSU. Kentucky is looking more like the team that was ranked No. 1 before the season. Is this team as good as Duke? No. But this team can beat Duke or anyone else. A major difference has been the stellar play of PJ Washington, who is averaging 21 points and almost six rebounds in his past three games. Washington is a legit pro.

Tier two: Final Four contenders

13. LSU Tigers
The Bayou Bengals have legit talent and can really get offensive rebounds. What will hold LSU back from being among the very best teams is defensive rebounding and perimeter shooting. Tremont Waters is one of the best guards in the country and one of the very best little guards, along with Campbell's Chris Clemons, Miami's Chris Lykes and Marquette's Markus Howard.

Tier Three: Second-weekend contenders

23. Auburn Tigers
The Tigers are a tough team to figure out in conference play. Auburn is now under .500 and one of the best offensive teams in the SEC. But while turning teams over and creating a chaotic game, Auburn is fouling too much and putting opponents on the foul line. Still, this is a team that should be a high seed in the NCAA tournament. If not, they will make life hell for an early opponent.

28. Mississippi State Bulldogs
The Bulldogs have lost six of the past 11 games. Five of those losses have been by five points or fewer. Ben Howland's team is veteran and solid, though the Bulldogs can do a better job of taking care of the ball and getting into the paint more often.

Tier four: NCAA tournament-worthy teams

31. Ole Miss Rebels
The Rebels have lost five of nine even after the Auburn win on Wednesday and could be headed toward a .500 finish in the SEC. Still, this is a good team with very good guards. You have to defend the Ole Miss guards without fouling, as the Rebels shoot better than 77 percent from the line, third in the SEC and 10th nationally.

40. Florida Gators
The Gators continue to cling to NCAA tournament hope despite a record that has floated right around the .500 mark in February. Mike White's group needs to get better around the rim to make a run -- their 45 percent clip on 2-point baskets is last in the SEC.

43. Arkansas Razorbacks
Daniel Gafford gets 17 points and nine rebounds per game and remains a major handful around the rim for opponents. But if Arkansas is to win key games over the final weeks, that 66 percent team free throw percentage is going to have to improve.

Tier five: Scratching for at-large berths

46. Alabama Crimson Tide
Alabama has wins over Kentucky and Mississippi State already this season and has proved that it can play with anyone. The Tide's hopes down the stretch will be powered by leading scorer and facilitator Kira Lewis, who at 17 is the youngest regular in Division I.
Maybe I'm too much of a homer, but how can he have Arkansas ahead of Alabama with a 14-10 record and a NET ranking of 63?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Maybe I'm too much of a homer, but how can he have Arkansas ahead of Alabama with a 14-10 record and a NET ranking of 63?
Agreed - I would have Alabama ahead of Arkansas, but both would be in the "Scratching" category. Neither is in right now (IMO), but both could work their way in.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I may be jinxing us...but Florida "worthy"?? I guess their NET is high enough but it doesn't make any sense to me when I look at their schedule and record...
Their NET is 41. Alabama’s is 45.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
This is probably an unpopular opinion but at this point I don't think we make the tournament. We would have to sweep the next 4 games (UF, at A&M, Vandy and at USC) then probably win at least 1 of the 3 against LSU, AU and at Arkansas. The way we're playing right now I just don't have a lot of faith that we can put together 4 strong performances in a row. Of course the SEC tournament is the wild card because we could win a few games in the tournament like last year and play ourselves in that way..

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.