How would you rank the top 10 college football programs of all-time?

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

CoachInWaiting

3rd Team
Nov 27, 2017
The College Football Data Warehouse uses a formula of Winning Percentage, Schedule Points, National Championships, and Big 4 Bowls. Their Top 10 is:

Alabama
Notre Dame (IN)
Southern California
Oklahoma
Ohio St.
Michigan
Texas
Nebraska
Louisiana St.
Tennessee

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
Totally agree Owen. I think the elite schools should be competing for a national title at least once in every decade for not just a few decades either.
I think it would be difficult to produce 10 programs that meet that criteria, though. It's a top 10, not whatever definition of elite you want to use.

Quicksilver

1st Team
Mar 13, 2010
Ellicott City, MD
Winsipedia (http://winsipedia.com) ranks USC 1st, Alabama 2nd. Alabama doesn't show particularly well in such categories as Heisman Winners and Bowl Record. Naturally, I think that these are fluff categories compared to National Championships. My guess is that by the end of the Saban era, Alabama will rank #1 on the Winsipedia unweighted average list.

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
Now quick.....tell me about Oklahoma's national championships on probation in 1955, 1956, and 1974......the first involved illegal tuition payments and the second involved an assistant falsifying a player's transcript

And then they got hit with a probation in 1988 for violations from 1980 to 1987, which would include (wait for it)....1985

So using your own standard, how can OU be one of the top programs of all-time?

Let me be clear: OU IS one of the 4-5 best sw ww2programs. But let's not be ripping on Auburn ("oh, their titles don't count because they cheated" and then lift up Oklahoma, who got hit with probation for 4 of their 7 titles).

Auburn is not a top ten all-time program.

They ARE correctly rated just below that in the 10-20 range. 13th in wins, 18th in pct, and as many SEC titles as Florida
Clarification: our assistant did not change Kerry Jackson's transcript at Galveston Ball. Joe Wooley, the Ball coach changed it with Bill Michael's knowledge.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.