Link: Two Veterans Not on Alabama's Updated Roster, With Early-Enrollees Added

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
From what I've read he works hard.

Also, he still has two years of eligibility right? It's still possible that the light comes on for him, he doesn't seem to have given up and it doesn't seem like Saban has given up on him. I know I'm not going to be the one complaining he's taking a roster spot, that's not my call.
Who knows, but it's worth remembering that a couples of decades ago (before most guys came out of HS ready to play) that most college players didn't see much action their first couples of years in the program.

Before the internet when we couldn't know as much about recruiting, we'd see a guy signed and then we wouldn't hear about him until his redshirt soph or jr. year. This was especially true for non-skill players.

I know the game is different today, but it is possible that Ben's mind wasn't ready for the current crush of info he got from the modern game and especially a CNS defense. So, maybe, just maybe the player many thought he might could be will emerge from the shadows in the next couple of years.

"So you're telling me there's a chance???"

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I don’t think we’ll ever know the truth. Were the problems due to the player or coaches getting the play called?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Due to the less than minimal effort in preparation for the playoffs by the player I'm going to lean towards it being the player's fault.

No mincing words I'm glad he's gone.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Due to the less than minimal effort in preparation for the playoffs by the player I'm going to lean towards it being the player's fault.

And you this about his preparation how?

I wasn't bummed to see him leave, but there was more at play than just the player.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

While I understand and share the frustration with Wilson sometimes not getting us to the right play, I don't think anyone other than coaches and players know if it was lack of him preparing or something else. For all we know, he was busting his tail trying to prepare, but it just was not clicking on the field as fast as it needed to. Let's not forget that Mack was the FIRST LB in the Saban era that was tasked with being the playcaller in his first year as a starter. Every other LB who was tasked with that role had at least one year of starting experience before having to carry that load. Don't underestimate what that year of being out there and seeing things done and having all that film review is worth.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
While I understand and share the frustration with Wilson sometimes not getting us to the right play, I don't think anyone other than coaches and players know if it was lack of him preparing or something else. For all we know, he was busting his tail trying to prepare, but it just was not clicking on the field as fast as it needed to. Let's not forget that Mack was the FIRST LB in the Saban era that was tasked with being the playcaller in his first year as a starter. Every other LB who was tasked with that role had at least one year of starting experience before having to carry that load. Don't underestimate what that year of being out there and seeing things done and having all that film review is worth.
Right or wrong, Mack’s around the clock twitter circus did him no favors at all.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.