Link: Two Veterans Not on Alabama's Updated Roster, With Early-Enrollees Added

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

Meanwhile, two veteran players are no longer listed on Alabama’s roster, redshirt sophomore defensive back Kyriq McDonald, who recently added his name to the NCAA transfer portal, and redshirt senior offensive lineman Elliot Baker.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Instead, the biggest weight change has been with defensive lineman Justin Ebiogbe, who has gone from 263 pounds to 284.

Looks like Jess was right about Ebiogbe moving from where he was penciled in at OLB to DE. Will be interesting to see if that number moves between now and spring and where he'll be getting reps.

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I know mentioning his name brings the wrath of Duron Carter shamers... but does anyone have any updates or knowledge about what went / is going wrong with Davis? His entire career just seems so strange.
Already addressed. He has yet to grasp the concept of the playbook. He plays soft as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
This is opening up room for possible transfers as I see it. Maybe we can find some difference makers in the portal with immediate eligibility. Regarding Ben, as a 52 year old man I have nothing but respect for these 20 year old kids dishing it out in practice everyday in the NFL camp that is Alabama Football. Everyone plays a role from the scout teamer to the backups. He ain't quitting and that is enough for me to know what kind of character he has so I will never criticize him for toughing it out under difficult circumstances. For all we know he will turn out to be next year's Q Williams. But if not, I'm still pulling for him. The guy is a Bama guy and that all I need to know.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Maybe he does everything right other than being SEC quality at linebacker. Only way to explain how you could stick around without contributing at all.
Saban cares about his players. If Ben Davis is doing everything in his power and just not getting it, Saban will help him get his degree.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Last yrs MLB did the best thing by going out for the draft. We will massively upgrade at that position and he gets his shot at the league. Everyone should be happy.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I always thought Eboigbe would be a DE because of his size/frame. I think Baker graduated so he’s an unrestricted free agent.

Last edited:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Maybe he does everything right other than being SEC quality at linebacker. Only way to explain how you could stick around without contributing at all.
From what I've read he works hard.

Also, he still has two years of eligibility right? It's still possible that the light comes on for him, he doesn't seem to have given up and it doesn't seem like Saban has given up on him. I know I'm not going to be the one complaining he's taking a roster spot, that's not my call.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I always thought Eboigbe would be a DE because of his size/frame. I think Baker graduated so he’s an unrestricted free agent.
Always hard to tell. Some guys come in and hold weight while getting stronger and others gain. If he'd held weight he would have been the prototype size for JLB in the mold of lewis.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
That's an oxymoron isn't it? He either knew it or he didn't. If you know your job you do not get 'confused' when asked to perform it.
I don’t think we’ll ever know the truth. Were the problems due to the player or coaches getting the play called?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I don’t think we’ll ever know the truth. Were the problems due to the player or coaches getting the play called?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
agreed - plus it's one thing to "know" the material and be able to review it in the film room and show it in practice, and another thing to very quickly make all the visual checks, check with the sideline, make the call and then physically execute.

I've got a youth lacrosse player who "knows" he's not supposed to slash, but when he's in the moment of competing and defending, he gets amnesia pretty quick somehow.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Not sure if they updated all the roster weights, although some do look different, but Kaho is still only listed at 218. We need cochran to work some magic there...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.