Link: Two Veterans Not on Alabama's Updated Roster, With Early-Enrollees Added
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Two Veterans Not on Alabama's Updated Roster, With Early-Enrollees Added

Link

Meanwhile, two veteran players are no longer listed on Alabama’s roster, redshirt sophomore defensive back Kyriq McDonald, who recently added his name to the NCAA transfer portal, and redshirt senior offensive lineman Elliot Baker.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Re: Two Veterans Not on Alabama's Updated Roster, With Early-Enrollees Added

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Dang, Ben Davis is still on the roster.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    I expected Baker to be out. Very disappointing 5* JUCO guy that never saw the field.

BamaNation All-SEC

Instead, the biggest weight change has been with defensive lineman Justin Ebiogbe, who has gone from 263 pounds to 284.

Looks like Jess was right about Ebiogbe moving from where he was penciled in at OLB to DE. Will be interesting to see if that number moves between now and spring and where he'll be getting reps.
    Last edited by gtgilbert; February 13th, 2019 at 04:31 PM.

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    I know mentioning his name brings the wrath of Duron Carter shamers... but does anyone have any updates or knowledge about what went / is going wrong with Davis? His entire career just seems so strange.

Quote Originally Posted by XXIII View Post
    I know mentioning his name brings the wrath of Duron Carter shamers... but does anyone have any updates or knowledge about what went / is going wrong with Davis? His entire career just seems so strange.
    Already addressed. He has yet to grasp the concept of the playbook. He plays soft as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame tusks_n_raider's Avatar

Already addressed. He has yet to grasp the concept of the playbook. He plays soft as well.

He's not the only one. We had a starter at MLB in 2018 who could be described the exact same way.

Quote Originally Posted by tusks_n_raider View Post
    He's not the only one. We had a starter at MLB in 2018 who could be described the exact same way.
    Not quite the same. The starter knew his playbook, he was confused.

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

This is opening up room for possible transfers as I see it. Maybe we can find some difference makers in the portal with immediate eligibility. Regarding Ben, as a 52 year old man I have nothing but respect for these 20 year old kids dishing it out in practice everyday in the NFL camp that is Alabama Football. Everyone plays a role from the scout teamer to the backups. He ain't quitting and that is enough for me to know what kind of character he has so I will never criticize him for toughing it out under difficult circumstances. For all we know he will turn out to be next year's Q Williams. But if not, I'm still pulling for him. The guy is a Bama guy and that all I need to know.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present." Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Right back at you Fred, Daniel and everyone else. 143

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Maybe he does everything right other than being SEC quality at linebacker. Only way to explain how you could stick around without contributing at all.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Maybe he does everything right other than being SEC quality at linebacker. Only way to explain how you could stick around without contributing at all.
    Saban cares about his players. If Ben Davis is doing everything in his power and just not getting it, Saban will help him get his degree.

BamaNation Hall of Fame tusks_n_raider's Avatar

Not quite the same. The starter knew his playbook, he was confused.

That's an oxymoron isn't it? He either knew it or he didn't. If you know your job you do not get 'confused' when asked to perform it.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Last yrs MLB did the best thing by going out for the draft. We will massively upgrade at that position and he gets his shot at the league. Everyone should be happy.