Airbus announce end of A380 production

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
LINK

Loved by passengers, feared by accountants, the world’s largest airliner has run out of runway after Airbus decided to close A380 production after 12 years in service due to weak sales.
Airbus boasted it would sell 700-750 A380s, which nowadays cost $446 million at list prices, and render the 747 obsolete.In fact, A380 orders barely crossed the 300 threshold and the 747 has outlived its rival, after reaching the age of 50 this week.
I'm surprised the production line remained open as long as it did. Airport terminals and runways had to be modified just to handle this beast so it has always been limited in the places it could land.

Has anyone here traveled on an A380? What are your thoughts?

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
LINK

I'm surprised the production line remained open as long as it did. Airport terminals and runways had to be modified just to handle this beast so it has always been limited in the places it could land.

Has anyone here traveled on an A380? What are your thoughts?
I have not flown on an A380. I have seen the waiting area for one prior to boarding and it looked like the population of a small city.

The 747 you mentioned awed me, the scale of its size becoming apparent when standing on the tarmac looking up at the height (64’) and length (231’) of it. And the 380 is considerably larger.

Last edited:

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I have not flown on an A380. I have seen the waiting area for one prior to boarding and it looked like the population of a small city.

The 747 you mentioned awed me, the scale of its size becoming apparent when standing on the tarmac looking up at the height (64’) and length (231’) of it. And the 380 is considerably larger.
FWIW, the 747-8 is the longest passenger plane at 250'

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.