Link: Rivals got catfished with a fake recruit. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Re: Rivals got catfished with a fake recruit.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    The biggest part of that criteria is the school recruiting them. The good schools are likely recruiting better players but it's all a crap shoot. Alabama does a great job finding the best guys and evaluating talent effectively. Their top recruits are 4 and 5 star largely because Alabama had made them top targets because they are good at evaluating talent. The rating services don't rate the players before the schools look at them and then the schools target the 4 and 5 star rated players.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I don't think you are giving the services enough credit. While they are not as good as the top programs in evaluating they spend a lot of money and effort in their evaluations. I know they are fan based companies but most are good at what they do.

Re: Rivals got catfished with a fake recruit.

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    I don't think you are giving the services enough credit. While they are not as good as the top programs in evaluating they spend a lot of money and effort in their evaluations. I know they are fan based companies but most are good at what they do.
    Agree! They have evaluators on staff at these magazines now websites that supposedly talk to these kids, coaches and families of players . They are suppose to go out and watch games or at least watch film on a kid, that is what the subscription and advertising money is suppose to go toward. Otherwise, someone like Jam can just come up with an algorithm that weighs where a college finishes in a conference, how good is that conference and which of those schools offer a kid. Or some bull spit like that( in my best Adam Sandler voice) .

Actually, I’m sure some of the latter factors into the rating of a kid!
    Last edited by bamaga; February 18th, 2019 at 08:33 AM.
    to 16 and beyond........