Hurts in the weight room - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Hurts in the weight room

I knew he should have been a linebacker.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar

Jalen will do great at OU. Idk if he will duplicate what Mayfield or Murray did but he will be just fine. Good luck OU.

3. February 15th, 2019, 10:38 AM

Reason
    Zero tolerance for profanity.

BamaNation All-American

Wink Re: Hurts in the weight room

Oklahoma already is making Jalen soft. Took him a lot longer to lift that weight than it did with Cochran screaming in his ear.
    Last edited by CrimsonEyeshade; February 15th, 2019 at 01:24 PM.

BamaNation All-SEC UntouchableCrew's Avatar

He's a beast. Can't think of many QBs that could legitimately play 3-4 other positions.

Rock star!

BamaNation All-American Padreruf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    Really due? Uncalled for. That wasn't even necessary to say that. We are not going to get into it, but bottom line.. Jalen improved a lot last year.. and he won a game for us against Georgia. He will improve a lot under Lincoln Riley. I enjoy watching Hurts having fun at his new school and It's great to see him fitting in with the guys. He will do well. he does not need to be compared to the previous Qb. he just need to be who he is.. and let that take care of itself.
    I'm sorry...I thought this was a discussion board...I was just noting that his previously noted deficiencies -- which, yes, he has begun to address -- were more of a need for him than lifting 500 lbs. I've known golfers who could drive it 330 but not make a 3 foot putt under pressure...yet they would keep practicing with the driver. When we only do what we can do well and easily, we can bet that we are not working on our deficiencies.

How hard is that to understand?
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Land View Post
    Really? That's your response?
    For a relatively new member your response was not appropriate. He is a long time member and respected poster who expressed his opinion which I happen to agree with.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Thanks Owen.

I am a Jalen Hurts fan. As long as they are not playing Bama, I will pull for him and his team.
    Last edited by deliveryman35; February 15th, 2019 at 09:42 PM.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by owenfieldreams View Post
    I'm not skilled enough to transport this over but if one of you nice folks want to go to The Football Brainiacs site and open up their Friday news section you will scroll down to two videos on Jalen in the OU weight room dazzling his teammates.
    Jalen is a serious strong man. He is a competitor who thrived in our weight room.
    He will do the same at Oklahoma. It's a little strange for a QB to be pushing the big guys,
    but Jalen is special. Our loss is your gain. He will be a good one for yall.

BamaNation All-American dWarriors88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Padreruf View Post
    I'm sorry...I thought this was a discussion board...I was just noting that his previously noted deficiencies -- which, yes, he has begun to address -- were more of a need for him than lifting 500 lbs. I've known golfers who could drive it 330 but not make a 3 foot putt under pressure...yet they would keep practicing with the driver. When we only do what we can do well and easily, we can bet that we are not working on our deficiencies.

Your argument is valid and profound, easier to dismiss as passive as opposed to constructive. I tend to agree with you, you guys remember our 3rd down rate under Jalen? I love everything Jalen resembles and respect him as much as you guys, but I agree with the right to make statements like this. I think its the writers duty to convey that point in a soft manner, were all good here tho. Jalen will be awesome, we all know it. Like a Cinderella story really?

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Moro Creek View Post
    I knew he should have been a linebacker.
    I actually have wondered before who steered him toward QB considering his body type and athleticism. I think he would make an amazing strong safety with further training. Let me put it this way: if you are a high school coach and have a light weight, fast guy you do not teach him to be a lineman or tight end. You make him a cornerback. I wonder if Jalens body type might have been more natural to something else.

Quote Originally Posted by uafanataum View Post
    I actually have wondered before who steered him toward QB considering his body type and athleticism. I think he would make an amazing strong safety with further training. Let me put it this way: if you are a high school coach and have a light weight, fast guy you do not teach him to be a lineman or tight end. You make him a cornerback. I wonder if Jalens body type might have been more natural to something else.
    Coach Dad I would say “steered him toward QB.” My son was the point guard, shortstop, and quarterback in youth sports. I was his coach. In high school he dropped basketball and ended up in centerfield and the defensive backfield.

Hurts in the weight room

Quote Originally Posted by Padreruf View Post

Jalen did well with Kiffin's offense. Daboll's offense...not so much. I believe a lot of those "deficiencies" were the fault of Daboll. Jalen is a very talented quarterback. He may not get the passing totals of the last two at OU, but he'll be a winner. I'm excited to see him play this coming season.