Hurts in the weight room - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Re: Hurts in the weight room

As long as Jalen is there starter, I don’t think Oklahoma will lose a game before the playoffs in 2019.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation Second Team DogPatch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    As long as Jalen is there starter, I don’t think Oklahoma will lose a game before the playoffs in 2019.
    I think they lose the Red River Rivalry this year, but survive the rest of the regular season without much trouble.

BamaNation All-American ReturnToGlory's Avatar

Any quarterback they've had can win the Big 12. Can Jalen win a playoff game without a defense behind him? Mayfield and Murray didn't.

Big-12 All American owenfieldreams's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dWarriors88 View Post
    We have a few more guys on our roster that would blow your boys away in the weight room
    Did u really have to go there? This entire set of circumstances is, in my mind, a celebration. How many college athletes will be able to say to their kids and grand kids, I played in 2 of the most historic programs in the history of college football? The only thing that could make this better is if we play each other again in the playoff. Can anyone imagine the hype for such a game?

Big-12 All American owenfieldreams's Avatar

One last comment...I think L.R. will make him a better passer. No, I do not expect him to be on par with either Mayfield or Murray as a passer. He doesn't have to be. L.R. will build a scheme around him that will fit his skill set perfectly. I also expect that he will benefit from a dramatically better D at OU. The new staff and talent available ( recruited and on hand ) should produce much better results.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Relayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by owenfieldreams View Post
    Did u really have to go there? This entire set of circumstances is, in my mind, a celebration. How many college athletes will be able to say to their kids and grand kids, I played in 2 of the most historic programs in the history of college football? The only thing that could make this better is if we play each other again in the playoff. Can anyone imagine the hype for such a game?
    I can't say what is or will be in any of these players' minds, but personally, I'd rather say I played 5 years at Alabama and won two or three national championships.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I don't think Hurts is any worse of a passer than Murray. Murray could hit open guys and Riley gave him a lot of them.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by owenfieldreams View Post
    One last comment...I think L.R. will make him a better passer. No, I do not expect him to be on par with either Mayfield or Murray as a passer. He doesn't have to be. L.R. will build a scheme around him that will fit his skill set perfectly. I also expect that he will benefit from a dramatically better D at OU. The new staff and talent available ( recruited and on hand ) should produce much better results.
    In the spread type offenses of college football it appears to me that the ability of the QB to extend plays with his feet and complete passes when defenses are stretched in coverage becomes an incredible weapon, we remember Johnny Manziel. I would expect Jalen to grow dramatically in is ability to roll left and right and get the ball in the hands of explosive receivers or tuck it for first downs with his feet when it is required. I hope your offensive line will come along quickly and allow him to grow his confidence before facing toughest competition. Hoping to see him in New York at season end!

BamaNation Hall of Fame

If Hurts could just get to where he could roll left and complete any sorta pass then he'd probably be indefensible in college. If you couldn't just flush him out to the right with a blitz with right side coverage, he'd be hard to stop in the passing game.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Relayer View Post
    I can't say what is or will be in any of these players' minds, but personally, I'd rather say I played 5 years at Alabama and won two or three national championships.
    I understand your sentiment. He has a national championship. He has established his legacy at Alabama. He has established his legacy as one of the greatest team players in the game. I think that he would rather be in a position to tell his children that he never gave up on himself.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Players want to win but they also want to play. And he's a lead dog, so he wants to start and lead a team to a championship not just participate. It isn't like OU is incapable of winning a championship. They've been in as many playoffs as Ohio State, tied for 3rd in appearances behind Alabama and Clemson.

BamaNation Scout Team

Lol well, to be fair, he is the Big 12 now, so reading defenses ainít rocket surgery.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Yep I imagine he's got to be licking his chops to get after those gun-shy, smooth-brained DCs in the Big-12.