Hurts in the weight room - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Relayer's Avatar

Re: Hurts in the weight room

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    I understand your sentiment. He has a national championship. He has established his legacy at Alabama. He has established his legacy as one of the greatest team players in the game. I think that he would rather be in a position to tell his children that he never gave up on himself.
    Yes, but staying at Bama doesn't mean you tell your children you gave up on yourself. Quite the opposite.
    Last edited by Relayer; February 17th, 2019 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by owenfieldreams View Post
    Did u really have to go there? This entire set of circumstances is, in my mind, a celebration. How many college athletes will be able to say to their kids and grand kids, I played in 2 of the most historic programs in the history of college football? The only thing that could make this better is if we play each other again in the playoff. Can anyone imagine the hype for such a game?
    I wouldn’t want that. I would prefer to remember Jalen as a loved star a football hero and Bama man , not as an enemy ! It would definitely hurt his legacy at Alabama. That seems to be a dream scenario for many Sooner fans!
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Relayer View Post
    Yes, but staying at Bama doesn't mean you tell your children you gave up on yourself. Quite the opposite.
    There is a difference between quitting and moving on. Subtle but there is a difference. He didn't quit on the team in 2018, he got his degree, he came on the field and helped secure Alabama's spot in the CFP with an SECCG win. QB is a different position than any other. There isn't a lot you can do to get two starters on the field every down at quarterback. When you got two quality left tackles, you'll play one of them at guard or right tackle. When you got two quality tailbacks, you split snaps to keep each fresh. Quarterback isn't that type of position, you want your first line guy taking nearly every meaningful snap. Practice time limitations and in-game flow dictates it. If Jalen wants to get a shot at QB in the NFL, he needs to be starting and taking nearly every meaningful snap for a team in 2019. That wasn't going to happen at Alabama. So you're basically asking him to value being the highest quality QB depth one could have over his own professional development. That's fine as a fan to be looking out for your team but I'd caution against labeling a guy as a quitter because of these circumstances.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation Scout Team

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    If you meant to hit "reply with quote" to a post above so we would know exactly to which post you are referring, I'm going to assume the answer is "yes".
    Yes sir

BamaNation All-American dWarriors88's Avatar

Did u really have to go there? This entire set of circumstances is, in my mind, a celebration. How many college athletes will be able to say to their kids and grand kids, I played in 2 of the most historic programs in the history of college football? The only thing that could make this better is if we play each other again in the playoff. Can anyone imagine the hype for such a game?
    Calm down sensitive sally, Merely pointing out the fact that Our S&C program is superior to that in Norman, and we have a few more players lifting enough weight that would blow away those same sooner players. Didn't remark on a single thing about Jalen.
    At Some Places They Play Football.
    At Alabama, We LIVE It.

"...Ain't nothin' but a winner."

I'm not skilled enough to transport this over but if one of you nice folks want to go to The Football Brainiacs site and open up their Friday news section you will scroll down to two videos on Jalen in the OU weight room dazzling his teammates.

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1096184168508080128

Great way for Hurts to get his new teammates on his side. If they didn't already they will look at him for his leadership even more after seeing what a weightroom freak he is.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Relayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    There is a difference between quitting and moving on. Subtle but there is a difference. He didn't quit on the team in 2018, he got his degree, he came on the field and helped secure Alabama's spot in the CFP with an SECCG win. QB is a different position than any other. There isn't a lot you can do to get two starters on the field every down at quarterback. When you got two quality left tackles, you'll play one of them at guard or right tackle. When you got two quality tailbacks, you split snaps to keep each fresh. Quarterback isn't that type of position, you want your first line guy taking nearly every meaningful snap. Practice time limitations and in-game flow dictates it. If Jalen wants to get a shot at QB in the NFL, he needs to be starting and taking nearly every meaningful snap for a team in 2019. That wasn't going to happen at Alabama. So you're basically asking him to value being the highest quality QB depth one could have over his own professional development. That's fine as a fan to be looking out for your team but I'd caution against labeling a guy as a quitter because of these circumstances.
    I haven't seen anyone even imply that Jalen quit on Bama or is a quitter. Have you?

Big-12 All American owenfieldreams's Avatar

"Sensitive Sally"...clever. Can you explain the basis for your opinion that the Alabama S&C program is better? A victory or even a defeat hardly establishes superiority in any one facet of a game. There are a lot of teams with outstanding S&C programs that lose games and a lot that win games. It's a team sport. I never thought that our S&C program was the reason we have won games vs Alabama nor have I ever thought we lost to the Tide because of our weaker S&C program. As to a rematch in the playoffs...I don't think most OU fans give it much thought one way or the other. There is only one thing weighing on Sooner fans thoughts as we approach the 2019 season. Will we start playing OKLAHOMA D again? Lots of cautious optimism out here about the new staff, the new scheme, and the combination of 10 starters and a top recruiting class meshing into a decent D to go with our dynamic O. If, and that's a big IF, we play each other again in the playoffs and IF Tua is the HT winner, and IF both were in NY for the ceremony, the hype for the game will be off the charts.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

If, and that's a big IF, we play each other again in the playoffs and IF Tua is the HT winner, and IF both were in NY for the ceremony, the hype for the game will be off the charts.
    Jalen is a hero and a legend but he would become the enemy. No Alabama fans want to see that happen.

BamaNation All-American dWarriors88's Avatar

"Sensitive Sally"...clever. Can you explain the basis for your opinion that the Alabama S&C program is better? A victory or even a defeat hardly establishes superiority in any one facet of a game. There are a lot of teams with outstanding S&C programs that lose games and a lot that win games. It's a team sport. I never thought that our S&C program was the reason we have won games vs Alabama nor have I ever thought we lost to the Tide because of our weaker S&C program. As to a rematch in the playoffs...I don't think most OU fans give it much thought one way or the other. There is only one thing weighing on Sooner fans thoughts as we approach the 2019 season. Will we start playing OKLAHOMA D again? Lots of cautious optimism out here about the new staff, the new scheme, and the combination of 10 starters and a top recruiting class meshing into a decent D to go with our dynamic O. If, and that's a big IF, we play each other again in the playoffs and IF Tua is the HT winner, and IF both were in NY for the ceremony, the hype for the game will be off the charts.
    This guy serious right now?
    At Some Places They Play Football.
    At Alabama, We LIVE It.

"...Ain't nothin' but a winner."

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I haven't seen anyone even imply that Jalen quit on Bama or is a quitter. Have you?
    Aren't you dancing around that statement right here or am I misinterpreting your comments?
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

scott cochran is widely considered one of the best in the business. i would imagine that is one basis of that opinion.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-American CrimsonNagus's Avatar

Did Hurts wake up and eat breakfast today? We Bama fans must know now!

Seriously, am I the only Bama fan that doesn't care what is happening with Hurts and OU? I wished him the best as he departed but, now it is of no concern to me, I'm focused on Bama's journey. I don't need daily Hurts reports from OU fans. Do they want daily Tua reports from our fans?