Hurts in the weight room

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
One last comment...I think L.R. will make him a better passer. No, I do not expect him to be on par with either Mayfield or Murray as a passer. He doesn't have to be. L.R. will build a scheme around him that will fit his skill set perfectly. I also expect that he will benefit from a dramatically better D at OU. The new staff and talent available ( recruited and on hand ) should produce much better results.
Honestly for an individual performance, I think he will do better stat-wise (and potentially for NFL exposure) at OU than he did at Alabama. Also to consider is that he is now a senior, so it wouldn't surprise me if it happens. It's not a knock on Alabama, just that what I expect to see and that Lincoln Riley can help his game a LOT. Appreciate you bringing the links here. To be perfectly honest, this excites me because I will be watching all of Oklahoma's games this up-coming season. A lot of them are very early in the day and usually not when in Bama is playing. So, I'll have a built-in excuse to watch more football. I knew I couldn't shake this habit. :)

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
It looks like Oklahoma has a new strength coach.

https://www.normantranscript.com/sp...cle_249fadde-25e5-5987-9a86-e2e6f7d1047c.html

My guess is that any program the caliber of Oklahoma would have a much better than average strength coach. While any coach would be a step down from Cochran, in my opinion, it was argued up thread that Jalen had concentrated too much on success in the weight room so this suggests to me the drop down from Cochran to the Oklahoma guy perhaps wouldn't have a significant effect on the Oklahoma team.

The original poster has been posting here so long...and thought the board might be an interesting place to discuss Jalen's weight room stuff and how he's jelling with his new team. I do not think it even occurred to him that it might have been interpreted as a form of gloating. I've always enjoyed Owens' point of view.

If it turns out Oklahoma beats Bama in the playoffs next winter that would be hard to swallow, but I would bet Saban might well carry Jalen off the field similar to how Bryant carried Stallings after losing to him.

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
Wylie is going into his 2nd year at OU. For the past 17 years, prior to LR hiring Wylie, our strength coach has been Jerry Schmidt aka "Schmitty." He was let go by Riley as the first shoe to drop in the process of remaking our staff in Riley's image. Schmidt's credentials are impressive with successful stints at ND, Florida, OU and now T A&M. He followed Bob Stoops from Florida to OU. Apparently, Riley was not happy with his methods this the change.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
I do not think it even occurred to him that it might have been interpreted as a form of gloating. I've always enjoyed Owens' point of view.

If it turns out Oklahoma beats Bama in the playoffs next winter that would be hard to swallow, but I would bet Saban might well carry Jalen off the field similar to how Bryant carried Stallings after losing to him.
I never thought of it as gloating either. People are VERY sensitive here I've noticed :-D but understandable actually after a tough loss at the end of a season.

Anyways, I wouldn't have a problem with it either if that's how it turned out but I hope it doesn't get to that point.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.