Politics: 2020 Rep POTUS candidate catch all discussion thread - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Re: 2020 Rep POTUS candidate catch all discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    I think Pelosi is both a liberal AND a pragmatist - I think her thought (and many in the party) basically says, "Let's just get someone who can beat Trump and get him gone because we can worry about ideology later." I think several on this board have the same view.

I agree, Bill and I am one of the several on Tidefans who agree with this view. Nothing is more important, IMO than removing Trump from the WH. To me it is quite simple, if Biden or another moderate candidate gets the Dems nomination then the AOC and Bernie crowds have three options, vote for Biden(or other moderate Dem) or Trump or sit at home and not vote which would be a vote for Trump. I do believe the time for ideology is after the scourge in the WH is back in NYC dealing with the SDNY.
    I think Bernie fans and TYT supporters are already gearing up not to vote unless the candidate is Bernie...

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    I think Bernie fans and TYT supporters are already gearing up not to vote unless the candidate is Bernie...

Alert: Candidate for president looking for ways to beat frontrunner

these guys are idiots who just want people to pay attention to them. this play the poor victim crap worked when it was a 2 person race in 2016 and Bernie was the "outsider".
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

If the Bernie supporters choose to not support the Dem candidate then they will have to suffer the consequences like the rest of us by having trump in the WH for another 4 years. They obviously care more about their agenda than freeing America from the most despicable person ever to set foot in the WH.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    If the Bernie supporters choose to not support the Dem candidate then they will have to suffer the consequences like the rest of us by having trump in the WH for another 4 years. They obviously care more about their agenda than freeing America from the most despicable person ever to set foot in the WH.
    Yeah I had a Bernie or Buster post the famous Edmund Burke quote "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." when it looked like Bernie had a real chance last year. She was referring to Trump as "evil", but ironically she didn't vote in the general election like many Bernites citing that the DNC cheated.

Ive already made the decision to vote for the Democrat, but I would prefer it not to be Bernie or Warren. But if it is Bernie or Warren I'm voting for them.

Hannibal

Yeah I had a Bernie or Buster post the famous Edmund Burke quote "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." when it looked like Bernie had a real chance last year. She was referring to Trump as "evil", but ironically she didn't vote in the general election like many Bernites citing that the DNC cheated.

Ive already made the decision to vote for the Democrat, but I would prefer it not to be Bernie or Warren. But if it is Bernie or Warren I'm voting for them.
    i was/am still a little lukewarm about her, but am beginning to like warren the more i hear her. in 2016, i liked bernie less and less the more i heard from him. but yeah, i will vote for him if he is on the ticket.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    i was/am still a little lukewarm about her, but am beginning to like warren the more i hear her. in 2016, i liked bernie less and less the more i heard from him. but yeah, i will vote for him if he is on the ticket.
    As a person I probably like Warren less than Bernie because I just don't like either's New Englander crass and arrogance, but her's is worse imo.

As a candidate she is better than him. I think Bernie has a fruitloop economic plan that even Trump is smart enough to poke holes into. But Warren's temperament is a real concern going against a professional mud slinger,

But I'm more hoping for Kamala, Mayor Buttgieg, or Biden. None of them, maybe Biden is closer to me, are 100% me, but I think they are the best chances in making this country great again by beating the ogre.

Hannibal

As a person I probably like Warren less than Bernie because I just don't like either's New Englander crass and arrogance, but her's is worse imo.

As a candidate she is better than him. I think Bernie has a fruitloop economic plan that even Trump is smart enough to poke holes into. But Warren's temperament is a real concern going against a professional mud slinger,

But I'm more hoping for Kamala, Mayor Buttgieg, or Biden. None of them, maybe Biden is closer to me, are 100% me, but I think they are the best chances in making this country great again by beating the ogre.
    yeah, i can see that about warren.

- George Orwell

Thomas Pynchon

"Old dog - new tricks"

I agree with the general opinions expressed above. The second worst danger to the republic, after the Trump cabal, are left wing purists...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post

Give it up...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    Several people I know went to see Warren in Bham and were very impressed.
    This is the darkest timeline.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    No.

Because every election ever held shows you can run a box of chocolate covered cherries as the running mate and it makes no difference. People vote for the top of the ticket and other than the occasional outlier who takes succession seriously, the number two does not matter.
    Walter Mondale would like a word.....