Politics: 2020 Rep POTUS candidate catch all discussion thread

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
May as well get this started as I'm guessing there will be more

Pres Donald Trump (assumed)
William Weld (Fmr MA governor and Libertarian VP candidate)
Joe Walsh (Talk radio host and fmr Illinois congressman)
Mark Sanford (Fmr SC Gov)

Last edited:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
This thread is a joke, right? [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Maybe wishful thinking on my part but I expect a few more
If the special investigation can force Trump out this will be an interesting thread. I also think it will be the best thing for republicans long term. I doubt any Republican but Trump will win the presidency in 2020 but the sooner that guy is kicked out of the party the better.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Its official
William Weld, the former governor of Massachusetts, announced Monday that he will challenge President Donald Trump for the Republican nomination for president in 2020.
"I'm in!" Weld said in a tweet announcing his candidacy.
Weld, who ran for vice president on the 2016 Libertarian Party ticket headed by presidential nominee Gary Johnson, is the first Republican to declare a bid to deny Trump a second term in the White House.

The Republican National Committee has taken steps to head off a potential primary challenger, voting to express its “undivided support” for the president. And the Trump campaign has been staffing up with party insiders to map out a delegates strategy to ensure there are no surprises at the 2020 convention.
A group of “Never Trump” Republicans led by Weekly Standard found Bill Kristol have been holding meetings about recruiting a primary challenger against Trump. The group has not decided on a potential challenger but does not view Weld as a top recruit.
https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...weld-launches-primary-challenge-against-trump

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Why I think Trump may not run for re-election:

It's just a theory I have. Anything, of course, can happen.

We all know the president has a ginormous ego. While I feel he really enjoys being POTUS and along with that campaigning, I also think the time may come when he says "Screw it - I'm done!"

He can do that because he isn't a politician by trade. He has options and they are quite different than most of who we consider to be politicians.

I also never understood with so much time left before 2020 everyone seems to take it for granted he would run for re-election. Then you toss in the Mueller investigation and I think that leaves the future a bit in the air.

It wouldn't surprise me either way - but gotta leave the door open for what could happen

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Why I think Trump may not run for re-election:

It's just a theory I have. Anything, of course, can happen.

We all know the president has a ginormous ego. While I feel he really enjoys being POTUS and along with that campaigning, I also think the time may come when he says "Screw it - I'm done!"

He can do that because he isn't a politician by trade. He has options and they are quite different than most of who we consider to be politicians.

I also never understood with so much time left before 2020 everyone seems to take it for granted he would run for re-election. Then you toss in the Mueller investigation and I think that leaves the future a bit in the air.

It wouldn't surprise me either way - but gotta leave the door open for what could happen
I can't see his ego not letting him run, not to mention the fact that he may face prosecution as soon as he exits the WH door...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.