Politics: 2020 Rep POTUS candidate catch all discussion thread

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I think Bernie fans and TYT supporters are already gearing up not to vote unless the candidate is Bernie...

these guys are idiots who just want people to pay attention to them. this play the poor victim crap worked when it was a 2 person race in 2016 and Bernie was the "outsider".

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
If the Bernie supporters choose to not support the Dem candidate then they will have to suffer the consequences like the rest of us by having trump in the WH for another 4 years. They obviously care more about their agenda than freeing America from the most despicable person ever to set foot in the WH.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If the Bernie supporters choose to not support the Dem candidate then they will have to suffer the consequences like the rest of us by having trump in the WH for another 4 years. They obviously care more about their agenda than freeing America from the most despicable person ever to set foot in the WH.
Yeah I had a Bernie or Buster post the famous Edmund Burke quote "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." when it looked like Bernie had a real chance last year. She was referring to Trump as "evil", but ironically she didn't vote in the general election like many Bernites citing that the DNC cheated.

Ive already made the decision to vote for the Democrat, but I would prefer it not to be Bernie or Warren. But if it is Bernie or Warren I'm voting for them.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Yeah I had a Bernie or Buster post the famous Edmund Burke quote "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." when it looked like Bernie had a real chance last year. She was referring to Trump as "evil", but ironically she didn't vote in the general election like many Bernites citing that the DNC cheated.

Ive already made the decision to vote for the Democrat, but I would prefer it not to be Bernie or Warren. But if it is Bernie or Warren I'm voting for them.
i was/am still a little lukewarm about her, but am beginning to like warren the more i hear her. in 2016, i liked bernie less and less the more i heard from him. but yeah, i will vote for him if he is on the ticket.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
i was/am still a little lukewarm about her, but am beginning to like warren the more i hear her. in 2016, i liked bernie less and less the more i heard from him. but yeah, i will vote for him if he is on the ticket.
As a person I probably like Warren less than Bernie because I just don't like either's New Englander crass and arrogance, but her's is worse imo.

As a candidate she is better than him. I think Bernie has a fruitloop economic plan that even Trump is smart enough to poke holes into. But Warren's temperament is a real concern going against a professional mud slinger,

But I'm more hoping for Kamala, Mayor Buttgieg, or Biden. None of them, maybe Biden is closer to me, are 100% me, but I think they are the best chances in making this country great again by beating the ogre.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
As a person I probably like Warren less than Bernie because I just don't like either's New Englander crass and arrogance, but her's is worse imo.

As a candidate she is better than him. I think Bernie has a fruitloop economic plan that even Trump is smart enough to poke holes into. But Warren's temperament is a real concern going against a professional mud slinger,

But I'm more hoping for Kamala, Mayor Buttgieg, or Biden. None of them, maybe Biden is closer to me, are 100% me, but I think they are the best chances in making this country great again by beating the ogre.
yeah, i can see that about warren.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I agree with the general opinions expressed above. The second worst danger to the republic, after the Trump cabal, are left wing purists...

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
No.

Because every election ever held shows you can run a box of chocolate covered cherries as the running mate and it makes no difference. People vote for the top of the ticket and other than the occasional outlier who takes succession seriously, the number two does not matter.
Walter Mondale would like a word..... :D

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
Several people I know went to see Warren in Bham and were very impressed.
Her ideas and what she's written about make a lot of sense to me. She's on board the same "tax it all and make it for tuition" train that Bernie is on now, so it's going to hurt her with the rich folks, who are liberal on the coasts, but isn't everyone.

This is a strange, strange nation and world we live in now. But, I'm sure people in the 1870's, the 1970's, as today, said the same thing.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Walter Mondale would like a word..... :D
I'm not sure I get it (I'm assuming from the smiley that it's a joke).

Mondale threw the long bomb under the insanely naive notion that is disproved every four years (but the Democrats STILL refuse to accept), identity politics.

The politicians literally don't get it, either.

But everything ever demonstrated about the #2 on the ticket is this: "That person probably won't help you much but the important thing is that they not hurt you."

There's not a single VP nominee anyone can name that either helped a candidate win who would have lost OR caused a candidate who lost to lose. It's never happened. The closest is JFK taking LBJ in 1960.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I'm not sure I get it (I'm assuming from the smiley that it's a joke).

Mondale threw the long bomb under the insanely naive notion that is disproved every four years (but the Democrats STILL refuse to accept), identity politics.

The politicians literally don't get it, either.

But everything ever demonstrated about the #2 on the ticket is this: "That person probably won't help you much but the important thing is that they not hurt you."

There's not a single VP nominee anyone can name that either helped a candidate win who would have lost OR caused a candidate who lost to lose. It's never happened. The closest is JFK taking LBJ in 1960.
As an old geezer, I take the veep seriously.

In my lifetime LBJ and Ford assumed office, and Bush was within an inch because of the Reagan assassination attempt. Pense may be sitting pretty.

My parents saw 3: Truman, LBJ, and Ford.

My grandparents saw 3: T Roosevelt, Truman, and LBJ.

The previous generation saw A Johnson and T Roosevelt.

I agree who is chosen as the veep candidate makes very little difference as to who wins the election.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
it utilizes mondale's nickname (short for frederick)
I'm reminded of Johnnny Carson's Carnac saying, "A first baseman's glove and a catcher's mitt, a triple and a homer, and Dolly Parton."

Name two big mits.....two big hits.......

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.