Politics: 2020 Rep POTUS candidate catch all discussion thread

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Too bad he is too dumb to realize that improving the economy is the thing that will get him re-elected and then come up with a plan that could actually help the economy in a meaningful way. I expect him to change directions on key economic policy issues multiple times in the next year and just make a general mess of things.
He started doing some backing and filling today. Watch for more. New poll shows Sanders, Biden and Warren tied...

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Saw that poll, Warren 20%, Sanders 20%, and Biden 19%. While I really like Biden, I am not sure he can win the Democrat nomination. The Progressives may get their candidate after all. Lots of time to see how this plays out.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
it shouldn't take a generational candidate to undo this garbage. i hope our country is better than that...
No, but it will take a generational candidate to make sure in 4-8 years we aren't dealing with a more competent fascist in the presidency

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I hope so because I think we're in a narrow window to save this country from ruin by century's end.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
I hope so because I think we're in a narrow window to save this country from ruin by century's end.
My dad used to say, "You can hope, wish in one hand and defecate in the other and see which gets fullest the fastest". Not exactly his words but you get the point. ;)

Voting for Biden would be getting us what got Trump in, in the first place in my opinion. I like Tulsi Gabbard personally but she ain't got a prayer to win the nomination of the Democrats as it stands right now. But if she did I would vote for her over Trump.

I had just as soon to keep status quo over Biden or Warren. Four more years of chaos over the establishments yes men might just force change down the road. Nothing last forever and this country won't either sad to say. Enjoy it while you can! ;)

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
My dad used to say, "You can hope, wish in one hand and defecate in the other and see which gets fullest the fastest". Not exactly his words but you get the point. ;)

Voting for Biden would be getting us what got Trump in, in the first place in my opinion. I like Tulsi Gabbard personally but she ain't got a prayer to win the nomination of the Democrats as it stands right now. But if she did I would vote for her over Trump.

I had just as soon to keep status quo over Biden or Warren. Four more years of chaos over the establishments yes men might just force change down the road. Nothing last forever and this country won't either sad to say. Enjoy it while you can! ;)
I won't quibble with Biden being establishment. However, to think that Warren is a "yes man" seems to me like you aren't paying attention. I can't see how anyone who wants to "force change down the road" would pick Trump over Sanders or Warren. Unless it is the fact that change is only good when being forced upon the poor and middle class. Because frankly the only change that has happened the past 3 years is that economic disparity has accelerated at both ends of the scale.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I won't quibble with Biden being establishment. However, to think that Warren is a "yes man" seems to me like you aren't paying attention. I can't see how anyone who wants to "force change down the road" would pick Trump over Sanders or Warren. Unless it is the fact that change is only good when being forced upon the poor and middle class. Because frankly the only change that has happened the past 3 years is that economic disparity has accelerated at both ends of the scale.
and also white nationalism has again become "respectable"

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I don't see that generational candidate anywhere...
One could argue that Trump is a generational candidate. A generation's answer to taking the United States back to their childhood in the 50's.

Point is that he isn't some ordinary Bush, Clinton, and Carter who won because he was the better candidate. It was more of a movement than a campaign.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
So you would risk another justice (because I doubt Ginsberg has 4 in her), and more institutions being destroyed and weakened just to say screw Biden and Warren? Sure nothing last forever, but good grief why would you put your kids and grandkids through hell just because you don't want to vote for an establishment candidate that is clearly better than the madman in office.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
So you would risk another justice (because I doubt Ginsberg has 4 in her), and more institutions being destroyed and weakened just to say screw Biden and Warren? Sure nothing last forever, but good grief why would you put your kids and grandkids through hell just because you don't want to vote for an establishment candidate that is clearly better than the madman in office.
Honestly I do not even want to see what shape this country will be in by the time trumps first term is over. A second term is unimaginable in my mind.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
WASHINGTON – Former South Carolina governor and two-time U.S. Congressman Mark Sanford announced Sunday that he would challenge President Donald Trump for the Republican party's nomination in the 2020 presidential race.
Sanford made the announcement on Fox News Sunday, becoming the third GOP candidate to launch a long-shot bid for the party's nomination.
"I am here to tell you now that I am going to get in," he said.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...imary-bid-against-president-trump/2255488001/

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Bill Weld Accuses Trump Of Treason

Former Massachusetts Gov. Bill Weld (R) accused President Donald Trump of “treason” for his phone call with the Ukrainian President to pressure him into investigating former Vice President Joe Biden’s son.

“Talk about pressuring a foreign country to interfere with and control a U.S. election. It couldn’t be clearer,” Weld said Monday on “Morning Joe.” “And that’s not just undermining democratic institutions — that is treason. It’s treason pure and simple. And the penalty for treason under the U.S. Code is death. That’s the only penalty. The only penalty under the Constitution is removal from office. And that might look like a pretty good alternative to the President if he can work out a plea deal.”

“We don’t have to worry about bribery any more, although I think he’s committed that,” Weld added. “We don’t have to worry about other high crimes and misdemeanors, although I think he’s committed many. He’s such a lawless man. We’ve got treason, and we don’t have to dribble around the court. We can go right for the hoop.”

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.