So, Who Will Be the On Field (Player ) Signal Caller on D ?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Hasn`t that traditionally been a LB in general and an ILB in particular? Like I know what I`m talking about, mind, but I wouldn`t at all be surprised if CNS doesn`t say something to the staff akin to, " If we have nothing else this year, the one thing we will NOT have is someone calling on field D sets that`s CONFUSED ! ".

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Moses is a smart kid . I think he will do well !
I'm optimistic about him stepping up also. he was able to be out there for a full year seeing formations etc without the playcalling burden, and more than just a few times he would look over at Mack like he was expecting a call, or expecting a different call than what Mack made. I think he saw some of the issues right up close and will be working hard to make sure we don't have that happen again.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I think we also missed Minkah from a standpoint of getting us right in the secondary as well.
I am sure this has been mentioned somewhere over the last year, but Minkah not being there probably hurt us as bad as any who left for the pros. He and Sean Dion Hamilton being the QB's on defense helped out a lot last year.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I'll just say this - if someone can't do it better than Wilson did last year then something needs to be simplified. With the athletes we have I'd rather everyone be lined up and know exactly what they're supposed to do rather than have people not lined up right and guessing on assignment. We're good enough on defense to out talent just about every team we play.

To answer the question I'm assuming it'd have to be either Moses, Kaho or McMillon..

mark4tide

1st Team
Mar 7, 2005
Hoover, AL
Moses looked really confused several times last year. Not sure if that is because of Wilson or not. Moses, Kaho, and McKinney will need to spend a lot of time in the film room to become the leaders we have had in the past.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.