Amazon’s Retreat on New York City Headquarters Followed Unexpected Backlash

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I do vote, but I am actually smart. I don’t vote for an individual because they have an R or D next to their names. I don’t vote for someone because they are in the news a lot. I don’t vote for someone because Fox News, CNN, MSNBC tell me to vote for their guy. Where on Earth did I ever say she was a boogeyman? I think she is an idiot that got elected to the house by other idiots. I am simply stating that the right continuing to complain about her and have stories about her in the news will only get her more votes. Do you actually thing the majority of voters is actually smart? There is a mayoral race in Oklahoma where a guy keeps getting votes despite being dead.
She may be a lot of things but an idiot is not one of them.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Well to be fair I think most of congress are idiots. Naive or stubborn idiots that think they know everything that is best for everyone.
I oppose government paternalism as much as anyone, but I reserve the label 'idiot' for those who are actually of low intelligence, or possibly those who prefer willful ignorance, as opposed to those with philosophical or ideological differences.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Many times, it is a power struggle between the business owners and progress.

I think I've mentioned this before on N-S, but when I lived in Dothan, the local businesses fought to keep Michelin from building a plant there because it would drive up the wage base.

I worked at the time for the corporate office that had a plant in Dothan, and I knew that the line workers there made a pittance.

It's almost like many in power don't want the economy to grow. Because it might infringe on their own profits.
I agree, local businesses putting up resistance is a common problem as well. However, in our city's case, the major problem has been the city comes to the negotiating table with a laundry list of demands and little to no concessions. I've never understood how a city like ours does not realize they aren't in a position of leverage when engaged in these types scenarios. The potential incoming business isn't the one struggling with low wages, unemployment, decreasing tax base and tax revenues.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I oppose government paternalism as much as anyone, but I reserve the label 'idiot' for those who are actually of low intelligence, or possibly those who prefer willful ignorance, as opposed to those with philosophical or ideological differences.
Oh I think they are of low intelligence and could not function in any other job.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I do vote, but I am actually smart. I don’t vote for an individual because they have an R or D next to their names. I don’t vote for someone because they are in the news a lot. I don’t vote for someone because Fox News, CNN, MSNBC tell me to vote for their guy. Where on Earth did I ever say she was a boogeyman? I think she is an idiot that got elected to the house by other idiots. I am simply stating that the right continuing to complain about her and have stories about her in the news will only get her more votes. Do you actually thing the majority of voters is actually smart? There is a mayoral race in Oklahoma where a guy keeps getting votes despite being dead.
so the voting public, aside from you, is stupid. got it.

why do you think the people who voted for her are idiots? the voted for her over a 10-time incumbent backed by the party who wasn't in his own right a bad candidate and was a part of and backed by the party hierarchy, the governor, both senators, etc. by all accounts she worked her ass off canvassing her district listening to and talking to voters and impressed them enough that she won pretty handily against an entrenched incumbent.

i don't pay that much attention to her, but based on what she has done so far, and how she has comported herself, she seems pretty savvy and competent. enough so that a lot of folks are falling over themselves to diminish and dismiss her for all manner of "offenses"

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
so the voting public, aside from you, is stupid. got it.

why do you think the people who voted for her are idiots? the voted for her over a 10-time incumbent backed by the party who wasn't in his own right a bad candidate and was a part of and backed by the party hierarchy, the governor, both senators, etc. by all accounts she worked her ass off canvassing her district listening to and talking to voters and impressed them enough that she won pretty handily against an entrenched incumbent.

i don't pay that much attention to her, but based on what she has done so far, and how she has comported herself, she seems pretty savvy and competent. enough so that a lot of folks are falling over themselves to diminish and dismiss her for all manner of "offenses"
If you don't think everyone else is stupid, try reading a comments section on any news article. Everyone is either racist or stupid or both.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.