BABYFIRST channel has more viewers than PAC 12 Network

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
It also goes without saying that the Pac-12 Network lags far behind its peers like the SEC Network or Big Ten Network, or other major sport networks (BTN says it’s in 73 million homes, for example, and hit 30 million subscribers a month after launch). And thanks to the ACC’s partnership with ESPN, it seems like a fair bet the ACC Network will outstrip it quickly as well. A major reason for that? Pac-12 Network also isn’t on AT&T U-verse or DirecTV, and there aren’t any signs that show they’ll get on either platform any time soon.

https://www.sbnation.com/2019/2/13/18223555/pac-12-network-tv-channel-distribution-its-bad

I had no idea that the PAC 12 was so bad off. I noticed their recruiting has suffered of lately and this must be one reason.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
It also goes without saying that the Pac-12 Network lags far behind its peers like the SEC Network or Big Ten Network, or other major sport networks (BTN says it’s in 73 million homes, for example, and hit 30 million subscribers a month after launch). And thanks to the ACC’s partnership with ESPN, it seems like a fair bet the ACC Network will outstrip it quickly as well. A major reason for that? Pac-12 Network also isn’t on AT&T U-verse or DirecTV, and there aren’t any signs that show they’ll get on either platform any time soon.

https://www.sbnation.com/2019/2/13/18223555/pac-12-network-tv-channel-distribution-its-bad

I had no idea that the PAC 12 was so bad off. I noticed their recruiting has suffered of lately and this must be one reason.
The whole concept of the PAC-12 network is terrible. Why they decided to go to regional networks like they did makes no sense whatsoever. Same for the universities owning the network. Don't try to do job someone else can do better, costing yourself more expense and less income. I'm right here in PAC-12 country and don't have the network (DirecTV), even though I'd like to be able to view those games. Bad choices were made.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
The whole concept of the PAC-12 network is terrible. Why they decided to go to regional networks like they did makes no sense whatsoever. Same for the universities owning the network. Don't try to do job someone else can do better, costing yourself more expense and less income. I'm right here in PAC-12 country and don't have the network (DirecTV), even though I'd like to be able to view those games. Bad choices were made.
This is what happens when you hire an egotistical putz to be commissioner.

https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/o...2018/11/pac-12-larry-scott-leftout-part1.html

The Pac-12's defense lies in its position as an outlier: It's the only conference that owns and runs its own television network. Of the 112 full-time employees who work for the Pac-12, only 42 work for the conference itself. The rest are employed by the network. The SEC and Big Ten sell their media rights but aren't in the media-production business. The Pac-12 offices include 90,000 of square footage dedicated to studios, production bays, control rooms and a host of directors, technicians, equipment and talent.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Pac-12 has a regional interest and tough geographic/logistics problems but they're still absolutely bungling their conference due to Larry Scott's poor leadership and lacking negotiation tactics. They've got to fire that man and get someone who know how to work with Fox and ESPN plus Comcast, Charter, and DirecTV

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Pac-12 has a regional interest and tough geographic/logistics problems but they're still absolutely bungling their conference due to Larry Scott's poor leadership and lacking negotiation tactics. They've got to fire that man and get someone who know how to work with Fox and ESPN plus Comcast, Charter, and DirecTV
I am puzzled by the mindset out there. If they were the bestest, elitest and awesomest conference in college football I could probably understand their high-mindedness. I understand that attitude with Texas because they have an enormous bag of money. Not so with PAC12.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I'd say it is just the opposite. I don't think enough people care about college athletics out there because they're well served by professional sports in all their states save Oregon. Also, I don't think it helps that these states tend to have a large population of "imports" who have no ties to the schools in the area.

Bama-94-00

All-American
Nov 1, 2004
Huntsville/Madison, AL area
BabyFirst TV comes on the basic packages for Dish and DirectTV satellite TV providers. That and any other basic channels from the satellite companies could easily have more viewers than most regional networks.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Be honest, if you lived in Pac-10/12/16 country, is there a team/sport you would want to watch? :biggrin: When your conference pride is based 95% on winning the "olympic" and alternative sports, you're not going to have much of a following. Go BabyFirst!

ARollTideDad

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 6, 2018
There are lots of reasons the PAC-12 network failed, and continues to fail. By far, the primary reason is "Larry Scott".

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.