Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. Gators...

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
We have great kids, but no leadership. No one including the coach holds the kids accountable. The scuttlebutt in T-town is mama isn't happy with AJjr's playing time. I am also hearing she is not happy here in Tuscaloosa. It is too small for her taste. TIFWIW.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
We have great kids, but no leadership. No one including the coach holds the kids accountable. The scuttlebutt in T-town is mama isn't happy with AJjr's playing time. I am also hearing she is not happy here in Tuscaloosa. It is too small for her taste. TIFWIW.
Heard the same about mama not enjoying Tuscaloosa a few years back.

Someone earlier mentioned that players might be realizing they aren’t NBA caliber. That’s not really true. Herbert and Donta were both on mock drafts going into this season.

Plus, they can look at guys like Retin and Levi Randolph to see how to make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Neither Herb nor Hall will ever play one second in the NBA.
Heard the same about mama not enjoying Tuscaloosa a few years back.

Someone earlier mentioned that players might be realizing they aren’t NBA caliber. That’s not really true. Herbert and Donta were both on mock drafts going into this season.

Plus, they can look at guys like Retin and Levi Randolph to see how to make it.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Then someone needs to tell Mama her son would never see the court at any other SEC school. This kind of garbage drives me nuts.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Neither Herb nor Hall will ever play one second in the NBA.
Did you read my post? They were mock drafter prior to the season, so they were based on improvement from last year. Something Herbert has not had.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
No player on this roster except Lewis will sniff the NBA. They are delusional if any of the others think they will play at that level.
I'm not sure what to think. Right now I am still on the side the players need to bring their intensity every game. I doesn't matter what the gameplan is if 2/3rds of your lineup is not producing in any phase of the game. Herb and Dazon and been complete mysteries the whole season. AJJr is not getting enough minutes to disrupt the complete energy of the team.

Honestly, what I think it is the reality for a lot of these players is they are not pro-level players is starting to sink in. They probably thought coming in under CAJ that they would be NBA bound and maybe seeing Collin blow through to the league last year showed them just how far away their game is to get there.

Avery can't make them make shots, he can't shoot the FTs for them and he cant keep them from making the turnovers. With the 20hr rule you cant spend enough practice time to get consistent at FTs.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
I read your post. I laughed last year when many were talking about Herb Jones NBA upside. Just comical.
Did you read my post? They were mock drafter prior to the season, so they were based on improvement from last year. Something Herbert has not had.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Oh boy- here we go. Ask any NBA scout what they think of Herb Jones today. Bet you get another answer.To answer your question- 2 eyes and over 40 years of watching college basketball.
What makes you so knowledgeable about this compared to the NBA scouts saying otherwise?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Oh boy- here we go. Ask any NBA scout what they think of Herb Jones today. Bet you get another answer.To answer your question- 2 eyes and over 40 years of watching college basketball.
Yes, today they probably say something completely different, but you said you laughed when scouts mentioned it last year.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
This is a frustrating team to be for... and has been for some time now.

My support for CAJ has reached a dangerously low point.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Cecil gives his thoughts, and it’s not good.

https://www.tidesports.com/alabama-must-fix-energy-level-issue-and-fast/

Cecil doesn't write this sort of column lightly. Altruistically, he knows he's a thought leader for the fanbase, and to his credit, he doesn't abuse his bully pulpit. Selfishly, he wants to keep his bona fides and resulting unique access within the Athletic Department.

Point being, for it to get this far, he doesn't think he has a choice. He simply can't maintain journalistic credibility and at the same time ignore the elephant in the room.

Over the last 20 years or so, I've seen fewer than a half-dozen of Cecil's columns similar to this one. Hobbs, Gottfried, Grant, Dubose, Shula. Common threads being (1) Cecil held off as long as he possibly could before publishing, and (2) not a single coach survived.

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Maybe it's been said, but when your best two players the last two years have been true freshmen you haven't "coached" it's a indictment on your coaching ability.

I'm afraid CAJ is proving he's not a "college" HC.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.