Doubleheader today

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
I see the Tide dropped the first game of today's doubleheader 4-1. The bats did not show up today and a couple errors did not help either. Need to bounce back and get the second game tonight and take the series.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
We win game three, 9-4. The only thing that really bothers me about this series is how many hits we gave up. A lot of hits.

I am glad we are started. Jax State up next.

Rtr

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
I watched both ends of the DH yesterday. Wild pitches or passed balls allowed 2 of their 4 runs in the first game. We threw a guy out at the plate on another wild pitch. Left a lot on base in the opener. Good to see Holcombe connect on a long ball early in nightcap. Presbyterian had an outstanding leadoff hitter in Zaccheaus Rasberry. He was on base the entire twinbill, also homered. Defense in right field was a little shaky. I was holding my breath when it went out there. Our roster is completely turned over. I wish I could've had a program to look up all the new guys.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Not a bad start to the season. You guys expecting a turn around this year?
I commented in another thread expectations are not real high, but baseball is a funny game and even average teams can make a run of things if everything is clicking. The guys seemed to hit the ball pretty good this weekend. If they can keep the bats going and get some good pitching here and there; I think they could be middle of pack in sec play.

baseballfanatic

1st Team
Oct 30, 2008
Not a bad start to the season. You guys expecting a turn around this year?
I'm expecting progress. A very vaguely defined progress. Baseball's a funny game. We can be better statistically and from a talent standpoint and still have a worse record than the previous year. Especially true competing in the SEC West. We miss out on 2 of the 3 "down" teams from the East, while catching UF and UGA on the road.

So, while the most obvious form of progress would be more notches in the Win column and less in the Loss column, the fact is we play a brutal SEC schedule, so that's something I try to keep in mind when thinking of what to expect this season. Of course, eventually it all boils down to Wins and Losses, but considering where we were two years ago, I don't think we're at that point this year.

That said, I'm hoping that we can at least squeak into Hoover this year.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Matt Wyatt just put up a video of MSU's new baseball complex. An impressive facility to say the least. Serious about baseball in Starkville.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Matt Wyatt just put up a video of MSU's new baseball complex. An impressive facility to say the least. Serious about baseball in Starkville.

For far too long, no one has taken baseball seriously at BAMA. I still have high hopes that Coach Byrne will take spring sports more seriously than anyone has prior to him. CNS has got football under control, you just worry about the other sports that previous ADs had no interest in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Geez, we have a brand new facility and a coach who recruited great teams to UK, State and Auburn. We saw a +9 improvement last year and I at least hope to win a game or two more to get us back above .500. I really don't see why Byrne would have serious concerns over baseball right now? We are just going to have to take our lumps for another year or two.

rtr

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Geez, we have a brand new facility and a coach who recruited great teams to UK, State and Auburn. We saw a +9 improvement last year and I at least hope to win a game or two more to get us back above .500. I really don't see why Byrne would have serious concerns over baseball right now? We are just going to have to take our lumps for another year or two.

rtr
That’s what I’m saying. I still have high hopes that Byrne will take more interest in baseball than those in the past. I completely understand it’s going to take another couple of seasons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.