ADMIN NOTE: Upcoming site upgrades & latest status

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Re: Upcoming site upgrades

Cleared cache, found out that my prior ad blocker had been nuked with a recent Safari update. Running like a Singer Sewing machine after these changes. Thanks, Brett.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

I can't upload photos to my TF album. I seem to get one step closer with IE than with Chrome. A blank "Manage Attachments" page opens when I click on <Upload Photos> when using Chrome. Any suggestions? Is this related to upgrades?

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

Mainly because I am so used to people complaining about change. I'm not going to let the opportunity pass me by...CHANGE? WHY CHANGE? IF IT AIN'T BROKE WHY DO YOU WANT TO MESS WITH IT? GOOD GRIEF, WHY CAN'T PEOPLE JUST LEAVE THINGS ALONE! ​Seriously, keep up the great work!
Yep... We all complained when we changed from the Leather Helmet's... ;)

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

I can't upload photos to my TF album. I seem to get one step closer with IE than with Chrome. A blank "Manage Attachments" page opens when I click on <Upload Photos> when using Chrome. Any suggestions? Is this related to upgrades?
I'm looking at this now. Will send you a PM and have you check out some things later.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

When I am on my iphone, using chrome, as the page loads it "bounces" up and down. Takes several seconds and just when I think we're good it bounces again. Slightly frustrating and I'm guessing happens as the ads in the middle of the page load. Other than that no problems.

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

When I am on my iphone, using chrome, as the page loads it "bounces" up and down. Takes several seconds and just when I think we're good it bounces again. Slightly frustrating and I'm guessing happens as the ads in the middle of the page load. Other than that no problems.
Thanks for the feedback - we're still working on the mobile template. Hopefully this weekend we'll get it straight.

Also still trying to get the album issues fixed.

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama

I’m finding, this morning on my iPhone, that there is an ad in between every 3 posts.....as well as the ad at the bottom of the page.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

I’m finding, this morning on my iPhone, that there is an ad in between every 3 posts.....as well as the ad at the bottom of the page.
I had this same problem on my MacBook Air. I cleared my cache and updated my ad blocker and the problem disappeared. Don't know if this will work on an iPhone, but it did on my MacBook Air with Safari.

Bama63

1st Team
Oct 25, 2000
Louisville, KY, Jefferson

Haven't read the thread so don't know if it's just my computer. The ad at the bottom when the page opens covers about 25% of my screen. There is an X so I click it. The ad disappears but my view is now at the bottom of the page and I have to drag the thing on the side back up to the top to read the first post. It's been like this since you started changes. I've never posted much but have read this board virtually daily since I joined back during the Dubose years, I think it was. Due to the aggravation of spending a good bit of time getting the page adjusted so I can actually read it--every time I open a topic--I don't come here all that much any more. Don't know if I'll be that picky once the season starts--but right now, I'm enjoying the Birmingham Iron and the Bama boys on it so much that I haven't been driven to put up with the constant aggravation of looking at this site a lot.

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

Haven't read the thread so don't know if it's just my computer. The ad at the bottom when the page opens covers about 25% of my screen. There is an X so I click it. The ad disappears but my view is now at the bottom of the page and I have to drag the thing on the side back up to the top to read the first post. It's been like this since you started changes. I've never posted much but have read this board virtually daily since I joined back during the Dubose years, I think it was. Due to the aggravation of spending a good bit of time getting the page adjusted so I can actually read it--every time I open a topic--I don't come here all that much any more. Don't know if I'll be that picky once the season starts--but right now, I'm enjoying the Birmingham Iron and the Bama boys on it so much that I haven't been driven to put up with the constant aggravation of looking at this site a lot.
First, you shouldn't have to scroll down to click the "X".

Without addressing everything else, have you considered modifying your screen resolution? The bottom ad taking up 25% of your screen means you have really low screen resolution OR you have zoomed in at a level that no matter what we do we can't help much?

We'll continue to tweak and work on the issues. There's a reason we did this in the off-season :D

And just to reiterate to everyone what I wrote in the first post in this thread...

Just wanted to post a note about some upcoming changes ...
Some of you may hate it because it's change, some of you may hate it because it's ads, but mostly I hope most of you love (or at least tolerate) it because it, hopefully, helps continue to pay the bills! Once this is in place, they will continue to do tweaks as we optimize performance and delivery. If you experience any problems with the changes (i.e. site looks weird, formatting is screwed up, functionality isn't functioning, etc) please send me a PM with all the details. If you just don't like the changes, that's ok, too, but please don't spam me with PMs ;) Hopefully, you'll like what this allows us to do moving forward.

Later in the spring & summer we'll be updating the front page and article content management system and the forum software. We'll let you know about these changes later.

As always, thank you for continuing to support us and TideFans each and every day!

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

As of 3/6/19:

If you are logged in as a registered member, moderator or super-moderator, or administrator, you should no longer be seeing the bottom-of-screen ad. Members who have recently received strikes or are temporarily suspended will see the ad until their suspension expires.

Yet another reason to create an account and login and (cordially) participate with us! :)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

As of 3/6/19:

If you are logged in as a registered member, moderator or super-moderator, or administrator, you should no longer be seeing the bottom-of-screen ad. Members who have recently received strikes or are temporarily suspended will see the ad until their suspension expires.

Yet another reason to create an account and login and (cordially) participate with us! :)

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

As of 3/6/19:

Major thanks from me on this one. It was definitely impacting my enjoyment of the site although it had as much to do with my OCD of HAVING to click the X to close it every single time as much as the impact of the layout of the page, etc.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Yay! I didn't want to "complain" for the best (and "free") Alabama site on the web, but I'm loving the ad at the bottom is gone!!!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Thanks, Brett!

For all you do. Including fixing that issue with the tool box not appearing in "ads on the left" mode. It's working fine now.

Concurring with Matt.......:D

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

Thanks, Brett!

For all you do. Including fixing that issue with the tool box not appearing in "ads on the left" mode. It's working fine now.

Concurring with Matt.......:D

I agree. It looks great and the ad on the bottom isn't there anymore.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.