ADMIN NOTE: Upcoming site upgrades & latest status - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Re: Upcoming site upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    My early feedback on the ad changes: * It takes too long for a page to load now - up to 5 seconds, which is crazy long. * While the page is loading the page jumps up and down as the ads load, making the wait even more frustrating. * The ad at the bottom of the page covers actual site content, which essentially makes the page shorter as you have to scroll sooner. Also, I put each bullet on a separate line but the change implemented rolled them up together in one paragraph, as if the "return" had not been entered between the lines.
    Iíve had the same problem with line spacing. Noticed the toolbar was gone when I needed to embed a tweet or link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation All-SEC

My early feedback on the ad changes: * It takes too long for a page to load now - up to 5 seconds, which is crazy long. * While the page is loading the page jumps up and down as the ads load, making the wait even more frustrating. * The ad at the bottom of the page covers actual site content, which essentially makes the page shorter as you have to scroll sooner. Also, I put each bullet on a separate line but the change implemented rolled them up together in one paragraph, as if the "return" had not been entered between the lines.
    I have no problem loading pages but as others reported thanking or liking a post is not working for me now. I understand very little about how the pop up ads at the bottom of the page are selected but they will require a some doing to become accustomed to.

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

Thanks for the early feedback. We're still tweaking and will take this feedback and work on items still having issues. Feel free to also send me a PM if necessary.

This is what I notice too. I just can't click "like" right now.

Benevolent Dictator

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Iíve had the same problem with line spacing. Noticed the toolbar was gone when I needed to embed a tweet or link.
    Same here on the toolbar. Working on it now. Was it there for you earlier in the day?The spacing issue is an issue that vbulletin 4x has in the new browsers over the last year or so. Not much can be done until we upgrade. We do have a workaround that might work - if you hit spacebar before you start typing that sometimes "fixes" it.

Benevolent Dictator

One other thing - what browser are you all using if you're having problems? For me, the site works best using Chrome.

also...I think I just fixed the toolbar. You may have to do a refresh and/or clear you cache. I did not but you ​may.
    Last edited by BamaNation; February 22nd, 2019 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNation View Post
    Same here on the toolbar. Working on it now. Was it there for you earlier in the day?The spacing issue is an issue that vbulletin 4x has in the new browsers over the last year or so. Not much can be done until we upgrade. We do have a workaround that might work - if you hit spacebar before you start typing that sometimes "fixes" it.
    It was there earlier this morning. Using Chrome btw.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Benevolent Dictator

also...I think I just fixed the toolbar. You may have to do a refresh and/or clear you cache. I did not but you may

Benevolent Dictator

Upcoming site upgrades

Here are some fixes...

Only a few threads displaying?
    1) You can change # of threads to view at very bottom of page ( view last X days)
    2) You can also change your default last # days to view in your profile.

Editor not displaying toolbar or causing other significant problems?
    The editor should be fixed now. Do refresh if you have problems.

Do you have other major issues?
    Any other major issues? Post them here or in the troubleshooting forum. We will work on the page load times, etc. as well.
    Also, when posting a problem, please let me know your browser (IE, Edge, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, etc), your device (PC, Mac, ipad, phone, etc).
    Please be patient as we work through the new setup! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by BamaNation; February 22nd, 2019 at 03:23 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNation View Post
    One other thing - what browser are you all using if you're having problems? For me, the site works best using Chrome.

also...I think I just fixed the toolbar. You may have to do a refresh and/or clear you cache. I did not but you ​may.
    I use Firefox at work and have had no problems.
    I use Edge at home and will let you know.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

I hope things change because right now its very annoying

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    I use Firefox at work and have had no problems.
    I use Edge at home and will let you know.
    Everything is good with Microsoft Edge too.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    I hope things change because right now its very annoying
    I agree. I understand the whole gotta have ads thing to keep it free, but that one at the bottom gets on my nerves. LOL. It follows you when you scroll and it doesnít do any good to click out of it. Itíll appear again.
    Hebrews 11:1