ADMIN NOTE: Upcoming site upgrades & latest status - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: Upcoming site upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by pastorbt View Post
    Mainly because I am so used to people complaining about change. I'm not going to let the opportunity pass me by...CHANGE? WHY CHANGE? IF IT AIN'T BROKE WHY DO YOU WANT TO MESS WITH IT? GOOD GRIEF, WHY CAN'T PEOPLE JUST LEAVE THINGS ALONE! ​Seriously, keep up the great work!
    Yep... We all complained when we changed from the Leather Helmet's...

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

Quote Originally Posted by day-day View Post
    I can't upload photos to my TF album. I seem to get one step closer with IE than with Chrome. A blank "Manage Attachments" page opens when I click on <Upload Photos> when using Chrome. Any suggestions? Is this related to upgrades?
    I'm looking at this now. Will send you a PM and have you check out some things later.

Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

When I am on my iphone, using chrome, as the page loads it "bounces" up and down. Takes several seconds and just when I think we're good it bounces again. Slightly frustrating and I'm guessing happens as the ads in the middle of the page load. Other than that no problems.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

Benevolent Dictator

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    When I am on my iphone, using chrome, as the page loads it "bounces" up and down. Takes several seconds and just when I think we're good it bounces again. Slightly frustrating and I'm guessing happens as the ads in the middle of the page load. Other than that no problems.
    Thanks for the feedback - we're still working on the mobile template. Hopefully this weekend we'll get it straight.

Also still trying to get the album issues fixed.

BamaNation Second Team

Iím finding, this morning on my iPhone, that there is an ad in between every 3 posts.....as well as the ad at the bottom of the page.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BearFoot View Post
    I’m finding, this morning on my iPhone, that there is an ad in between every 3 posts.....as well as the ad at the bottom of the page.
    I had this same problem on my MacBook Air. I cleared my cache and updated my ad blocker and the problem disappeared. Don't know if this will work on an iPhone, but it did on my MacBook Air with Safari.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation First Team

Haven't read the thread so don't know if it's just my computer. The ad at the bottom when the page opens covers about 25% of my screen. There is an X so I click it. The ad disappears but my view is now at the bottom of the page and I have to drag the thing on the side back up to the top to read the first post. It's been like this since you started changes. I've never posted much but have read this board virtually daily since I joined back during the Dubose years, I think it was. Due to the aggravation of spending a good bit of time getting the page adjusted so I can actually read it--every time I open a topic--I don't come here all that much any more. Don't know if I'll be that picky once the season starts--but right now, I'm enjoying the Birmingham Iron and the Bama boys on it so much that I haven't been driven to put up with the constant aggravation of looking at this site a lot.

BamaNation All-American bama_fan01's Avatar

Many thanks for all you do to keep this the best Bama site on the net!

Benevolent Dictator

Quote Originally Posted by Bama63 View Post
    Haven't read the thread so don't know if it's just my computer. The ad at the bottom when the page opens covers about 25% of my screen. There is an X so I click it. The ad disappears but my view is now at the bottom of the page and I have to drag the thing on the side back up to the top to read the first post. It's been like this since you started changes. I've never posted much but have read this board virtually daily since I joined back during the Dubose years, I think it was. Due to the aggravation of spending a good bit of time getting the page adjusted so I can actually read it--every time I open a topic--I don't come here all that much any more. Don't know if I'll be that picky once the season starts--but right now, I'm enjoying the Birmingham Iron and the Bama boys on it so much that I haven't been driven to put up with the constant aggravation of looking at this site a lot.
    First, you shouldn't have to scroll down to click the "X".

Without addressing everything else, have you considered modifying your screen resolution? The bottom ad taking up 25% of your screen means you have really low screen resolution OR you have zoomed in at a level that no matter what we do we can't help much?

We'll continue to tweak and work on the issues. There's a reason we did this in the off-season

And just to reiterate to everyone what I wrote in the first post in this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNation View Post
    Just wanted to post a note about some upcoming changes ...
    Some of you may hate it because it's change, some of you may hate it because it's ads, but mostly I hope most of you love (or at least tolerate) it because it, hopefully, helps continue to pay the bills! Once this is in place, they will continue to do tweaks as we optimize performance and delivery. If you experience any problems with the changes (i.e. site looks weird, formatting is screwed up, functionality isn't functioning, etc) please send me a PM with all the details. If you just don't like the changes, that's ok, too, but please don't spam me with PMs Hopefully, you'll like what this allows us to do moving forward.

Later in the spring & summer we'll be updating the front page and article content management system and the forum software. We'll let you know about these changes later.

As always, thank you for continuing to support us and TideFans each and every day!

Benevolent Dictator

As of 3/6/19:

If you are logged in as a registered member, moderator or super-moderator, or administrator, you should no longer be seeing the bottom-of-screen ad. Members who have recently received strikes or are temporarily suspended will see the ad until their suspension expires.

Yet another reason to create an account and login and (cordially) participate with us!

As of 3/6/19:

If you are logged in as a registered member, moderator or super-moderator, or administrator, you should no longer be seeing the bottom-of-screen ad. Members who have recently received strikes or are temporarily suspended will see the ad until their suspension expires.

Yet another reason to create an account and login and (cordially) participate with us!
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

As of 3/6/19:

Major thanks from me on this one. It was definitely impacting my enjoyment of the site although it had as much to do with my OCD of HAVING to click the X to close it every single time as much as the impact of the layout of the page, etc.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Yay! I didn't want to "complain" for the best (and "free") Alabama site on the web, but I'm loving the ad at the bottom is gone!!!