ADMIN NOTE: Upcoming site upgrades & latest status

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Upcoming site upgrades & latest status

It uploads sideways even though the picture has the correct orientation on my iPad.

View attachment 3469
It is obviously saved in a “landscape” format and needs to be rotated before you upload. Your ipad is detecting that and autorotating but the forum software doesn’t. You could try doing an edit of the pic and rotating it first, saving again, then uploading. Or if in windows in the file manager right click and select rotate clockwise or counterclockwise until it is correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Re: Upcoming site upgrades

Do you have a signature?
I don't. Not even sure how to make that happen. I visited my profile page and coudn't find anything there. Is there some way to do it I may have missed? Thanks, Brett.

EDIT: N/M I just found it. It's under "settings". Clever! :)

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Good morning Tdie Fans and Brett!

Brett - sorry to bug you again, but apparently some of the photos I uploaded from my computer are not showing up for other forum members.

These are over at the Useful DIY Videos thread in NS- NP.

Appreciate any help if you get a sec.

Thank you, sir! :patriot:

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

Good morning Tdie Fans and Brett!

Brett - sorry to bug you again, but apparently some of the photos I uploaded from my computer are not showing up for other forum members.

These are over at the Useful DIY Videos thread in NS- NP.

Appreciate any help if you get a sec.

Thank you, sir! :patriot:
I have approved those. Now, Try another upload and see if I have to approve any more. Think I may have fixed.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama

This isn’t really specific to this site, but I’m curious why no message board allows for the original poster to delete a thread they have created? I’ve had numerous threads that I’ve wanted to delete after the fact but couldn’t. Or is this something that’s existed for years and I don’t know it?

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

This isn’t really specific to this site, but I’m curious why no message board allows for the original poster to delete a thread they have created? I’ve had numerous threads that I’ve wanted to delete after the fact but couldn’t. Or is this something that’s existed for years and I don’t know it?
You're correct: Most sites don't allow this by users. Deleting threads could cause all kinds of non-obvious issues - which is why we do it rather sparingly.

If you ever REALLY need a thread deleted just contact one of the mods via PM.

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

Hey - for those using chrome and experiencing the "spacebar doesn't work sometimes" issue ...

I've just added some code that MAY help this issue. Seems to work for me now. The issue was that when you "reply with quote" in the chrome browser, sometimes the spacebar wouldn't work properly. This is a CHROME bug/issue not really a vbulletin or TF issue. However, due to the version of vbulletin we use, it couldn't be "fixed" properly until we upgrade later in the spring.

What I just did may be a decent workaround for many of you. Give it a whirl and let me know (you may have to clear browser cache or close your browser and reopen or refresh to load the new code).

If it doesn't work for you, continue pressing the Enter key once or twice before you type anything as a workaround.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.